A new face mill...

Don't you think that should tell you something about your posting habits, Jon/Larry/Jim?

Reply to
Joe788

Might as well as Joe788 is too dumb and too stupid (same for Half Nutz Putz / 3t3d / Pete Logghe) to figure out the reason why I switch to posting with another posting name after doing extensive posting with jon_banquer over a short period of time.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

larryrozer

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Bob, There is a newer version of the TANGMILL that positions the insert on the bottom of the cutter laying it flat which you can then utilize the other 2 corners, truly getting the benefits of all 4 corners now.

JR

Reply to
JRWheels

Last year it was because he was too busy to reply all the posts, so he had to have multiple "personalities" to reply that many times.

Nobody but Jonnie could make that up either...

And notice that he gets NO google stars Untill Larry the Loozer logs on..... Interesting.

Reply to
Half-nutz

Dermabrasion?

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

Might as well as Joe788 is too dumb and too stupid (same for Half Nutz Putz / 3t3d / Pete Logghe) to figure out the reason why I switch to posting with another posting name after doing extensive posting with jon_banquer over a short period of time.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

larryrozer

We do 90% alum. and our 3" face mill is coarse pitch and a

2 1/2" fine pitch for SST and ferrous. I like the parallelograms for the ability to mill up to a sq. shoulder.

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

Jim:

You mean these:

F86LNX-11

86° face milling cutter on which all 8 cutting edges of the TANGMILL inserts can be used.

F86LNX-15

86° face milling cutter on which all 8 cutting edges of the TANGMILL inserts can be used. ===================================================================

When you use the Tangmill inserts in a regular toolholder you get to use 4 corners, since the screw mounting hole is chamfered on both sides.

The bottom feeder idea is pretty cool as it makes use of the other 4 sides in one tool.

Reply to
BottleBob

hey guys will you stop cross posting this stuff to comp.cad.solidworks please I don't want to have to add a whole lot of people to my blocked senders list...

Reply to
neil

Sorry about that. The original post was not cross posted. Some ranting raving lunatic apparently thought that comp.cad.solidworks wanted to read his 243 incorrect, uninformed copy/pastes from his two different user names.

Once it gets cross posted, most people don't even seem to notice, and it just keeps growing.

Reply to
Joe788

Might as well as Joe788 is too dumb and too stupid (same for Half Nutz Putz / 3t3d / Pete Logghe) to figure out the reason why I switch to posting with another posting name after doing extensive posting with jon_banquer over a short period of time.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

over a barrel

OAB:

Looking at the site you gave above, I see the following listing for inserts:

=================================================== Note: use "SNS" for Steel applications use "SNI" for Inconel applications use "SNT" for Titanium applications ===================================================

I don't see any listed specifically for alum.

Going to the main Sumitomo milling site I see this info for their Metal Slash Mills:

Metal Slash Mills (PDF) The unique design of our Metal Slash Mill directs cutting forces into the machine spindle to achieve feed rates of up to 0.078? IPT, even in low rigidity conditions. A four-corner insert (screw on assembly) design yields low tooling costs per part. U.S. stock bodies are available in 2.000? - 4.000? diameters. Available with CVD and PVD coated grades. ====================================================

I noticed the .078" chip load per insert in CARBON STEEL. That seems quite radical! Even at their lowest recommendation of 500 SFPM on a 2" dia. face mill that would be 955 RPM and at a chip load of .078" per tooth (4 inserts) would equate to a feedrate of 297 IPM! And at their upper recommended limit of 820 SFM - that would be an RPM of 1,566, and a feedrate of 488 IPM, in the same carbon steel no less. Man, those would be some machine gun like chips flying off that cutter, probably chip the paint right off the machine's inner sheet metal panels. LOL

Reply to
BottleBob

Actually just bought it recently haven't tested yet inserts are yet an even higher clearance angle than what I currently have on hand...anyways this is very similar to the kennametal line #mcf-45 of which I have several, the geometry is positive axial negative radial together this design allow for quite acceptable tool life and very rapid removal rates even when using lighter weight machines and low horsepower.

Reply to
GORF