Anybody got a Colorado 4/8gb tape drive kicking around gathering dust?

My old external Colorado tape drive just failed hard. Sigh
Anyone got a HP/ Colorado (Travan) 8gb tape drive collecting dust, I
could talk ya out of? Internal or external or even scsi.
Ive got about 20 4/8gb Travan tapes that Ive been using to backup my system with. Ive got a 20gb HP St11000 in my Linux box..but only 3 tapes and they are a bit hard to find a quantity of.
Thanks
Gunner
Gunner wrote:

I had one at some point, not sure if I still have it. If I can find it, it's yours. I use DLT tape and/or DVD these days.
Pete C.

http://search.ebay.com/HP-Colorado-Travan-8gb-tape-drive_W0QQfromZR41QQsatitleZHPQ2fQ20ColoradoQ20Q28TravanQ29Q208gbQ20tapeQ20drive

Kinda hard to ask for favors in this NG after being a nuisance for so long. Maybe Cliff can help you?

Chuckle...I do favors for even my worst usenet opponent. Cliff being the exception. I dont think Id even piss on him if he was on fire. Though I would look for some marshmallows and a stick.
Gunner
"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed, the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line of defense." --Walter Williams
Gunner,
How about a Colorado Memory Systems part # 811620 Model XR4E 1987 date code Ref XR04-EMOF-CMS00. Last I knew about 15 years ago it worked fine. If this will help let me know where to send it to.
JR

Thanks for the kind offer JR..but I dont think that model will be compatible with my tapes. I think that one is a Jumbo 250meg.
Respects and thanks though