Fabrication businesses

Aug 15
Can someone set me straight on this..
Lately I've been talking to gear makers about fabrication plants ( that is..the guys who do all the weldments putting the gearbox
casings, ASME boilers, and tanks together...and even the structural welders...
And they seem to say that fabrication is a dying industry...
How can that be???...
We'll always need buildings to live and work in, and they will need to be heated with boilers..
Gear units I agree because manufacturing plants are not being replaced...
And if those CAD jobs are being shipped overseas...Does the Solidworks or AutoCAD draftsman stand a chance longterm ???
Ignorant with Blinders..

I was recently in the job market, and fabrication was 9 out of 10 jobs I found. Doesn't pay so hot, but it's all over this town.