for sale 4/5 axis Trunnion table for 3 axis CNC mill

we are selling a working 4/5 axis fadal trunnion model tr65 currently
used on a fadal vmc 3016. It works with most fadal 3 axis cnc mills and
other brands too. This has been used to cut aluminum exclusively since
purchased new. Wire harness included. I can e mail pictures. $16.250
I Will include the fourth and fifth boards and the hydraulic brake for a
total of $24k.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
Reply to
paulmars
The entire setup, including the machine, isn't worth much more than that. BTW, a TR65 is a fourth axis. The 165 is the tilt rotary.
JC
Reply to
John R. Carroll
Seemed high to me, as well.
Reply to
DrollTroll
What do u mean it is not worth much more? If it was, then I should raise my price, right?
pa
Reply to
paulmars
No. 24K is what the whole mess is worth, including the milling machine. Less if it's really a TR65 and maybe a little more if it's a TR165.
JC
Reply to
John R. Carroll
I think 24k is fair. pa
Reply to
paulmars
I just got the word from two fadal equipment sites, the tr65 and tr165 are exactly the same machine. One of those sites has a tr165 rebuilt for $30k(without wire harness, w/o boards, w/o hyd brake).
Reply to
paulmars
Maybe they want to to buy it?
Reply to
Half-nutz
"Maybe they want to to buy it?"
Hard to say, but there is no such thing as a TR65 (
). My mistake. TR means Tilt/Rotary and it's the only five axis set up they make. The Model is TR165. As an option - new - on a new machine it's about thirty grand depending on the control. The F18i-MB5 with the RISC processor option is considerably more expensive. The brake is also pneumatic, not hydraulic. That might have changed as well but if so the change is fairly recent.
JC
Reply to
John R. Carroll
Pictures of my TR65 for sale:
paulmars
How old is that thing Paul? I'd never seen or even heard of it. What's the difference betweem that and a 165, DC motors or is it actually smaller with a 2.56" rotary? The 165 is about 6.0" diameter. That would be pretty cool.
You probably ought to offer it with the boards and all of the hardware or at least see if the parts can still be had from the factory. Given the condition it's in I'd offer you six thousand if everything were included.
JC
Reply to
John R. Carroll
1997. I m told they are exactly the same. The 165 was just a new numbering system. It is being offered with the boards and brake and wire harness. I believe its 6.5" rotary. It is DC. Rebuilt units go for 30K with out boards, brake, wire harness. Its only ever been used on aluminum. For someone needing 4 and 5 axis functionality on a 3 axis machine, this is a deal.
Reply to
paulmars
I'm sure you were. So what..
Apparently they changed the model whenthey wen;t to brushless/digital. It wasn't numbering, but it was important.
For you it is, at least at that price, Yu won't get that much unless you can find an idiot. You might, as there are a bunch around.
Good Luck and be sure and let us all know how this works out.
JC
Reply to
John R. Carroll
"John R. Carroll" wrote in news:19wKk.937$% snipped-for-privacy@flpi144.ffdc.sbc.com:
Interesting.... I can buy a *BRAND NEW* 4/5 Sankyo, 100 RPM on the 5, 75 RPM on the 4 (0.3/0.4 sec 90 degree) Zero Backlash indexing unit for *CONSIDERABLY LESS* than $30k, with servo drive, interface cables, etc, plug & play ready to run.
Reply to
Anthony
How much would it cost to buy a five axis mill?
Reply to
paulmars
sale:
Your presentation is horrible. Get the rust off, clean it up and make it look new.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
jon_banquer
Less than it would cost to buy your hardware at the price you are offering it and then install the stuff and make it work. A 1997 3016 with a TR65 isn't worth more than 30 grand, if that, and what you might actually end up with is a bottomless pit into which money will be thrown.
JC
Reply to
John R. Carroll
How long have 5 axis machines been commercially available? A 1997 vmc 3016 is 3 axis. Send me some links to back up what you think this TR65 is worth. Others too please.
Reply to
paulmars
Decades.
And when you mount and hook up a tilt rotary table it's five.
I don't have any "Pig in a Poke" links and that's what you are selling. What you are offering is worth whatever anyone is willing to pay you for it. Installed on the machine it goes with the whole setup might bring thirty thousand dollars at most. Seperated from the machine tool it's just a paper weight unless you can find someone that has this setup and is looking for a rebuildable spare. Some adventurous soul might pay between six and ten thousand dollars for everything, boards and all, and then spend the hundred or more hours it will take to make it work as an addition to an existing three axis FADAL. I know what I'd have to pay for a NEW 3020/3016 with a F18i and a TR165 with Fanuc AC Digital drives. I priced a turn key with one 18 months ago. You wouldn't get my price and I won't disclose it but anyone that would pay you $24,000.00 for what you are offering could, and probably would, just buy new. It's a car payment.
This is the sort of project Bipolar DingDong might take on but that's because he's so hard headed. I'll bet he wouldn't offer you ten thousand but he might and he's got a FADAL that he could mount it on.
What do you think Sam? Ten seems a little high after seeing that cable. You'd have to go through the whole thing and even then you'd have dc drives.
JC
Reply to
John R. Carroll
Dingdong perhaps but not an utter fool
John for that money I wouldn't waste my time with fadal's plug and play stuff but instead would buy a high quality used 300mm tilt rotary possibly tsudakoma or nikken....as a point of refrence, the 1400-4 controller card with rotary axis eprom set are worth about 2k each--also, I just bought 5 amplifiers ~20 amp continuous 30 peak for 15.00 each off of ebay.
Reply to
Bipolar Bear