FS-Cheap..Mazak MicroCenter V-5 VMC

A buddy and I are buying the surplus machines from an older fellow, Some Lagun mills..very large drill press with a head that drills a bunch of holes at the same time, small horizontal miller etc.

Included in the buy em all, or none deal, is a Mazak MicroCenter V5 mill. It originally came from a local college. the Hobbs meter has

1327 hours on it. The table is immaculate. It has a Fanuc 7m control on it. Mid 1980s

The old boy had it under power..but had only run a few parts on it, hten he shut down his operation, the one fellow who could run it was layed off and everything sat for a couple years.

Now he opens back up again, with a partner, to manufacture a product line. The Mazak and the other stuff have to go away.

I fire the mill up, get an alarm 05. Thats all I know about it..Emergency Stop Alerm. Probably something simple.

We have been desperately trying to find someone who wants this thing for $2000. Has ALL the books, manuals etc etc

The carosel has 24 tool holders in it, Some sort of 40 taper. If we cant sell the machine, we are going to have to scrap it. Its in such beutiful shape..it would make a marvelous retrofit..shrug..as I asid..only 1300 hours on it...but we only have one guy so far that has expressed interest in it as it sits..all

10,000 lbs of it.

If we have to scrap it..of course we will pull all the tool holders before it goes to the scrap heap.. At $20 each..no way Im gonna let those get melted down

Its in Santa Ana, California. if anyone wants it

Gunner 805-732-5308

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner

If I could figure out how to move it to TX without spending a fortune I'd love it. Are you sure it's really 10,000#? 7,000# I could move myself with a little disassembly.

BTW "MicroCenter" and 10,000# don't exactly mate.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

I googled "Mazak MicroCenter V5" and got several responses. The weight was listed at 9300 lbs. at several places.

Call Kevin Haerr, at

for the name of the rigger he uses. They able to deliver a lathe of similar weight for under $1000. Ontario, Cal. to Lampasas, Texas

Reply to
alphonso