Help! WTB: LNS Express 326 S2

To all,

We are in great need of a LNS Express 326 S2 barfeed. They are now discontinued. Does anybody know of one available new or used in the US? We will pay handsomely, pay freight, pay FINDER's fee, whatever it takes to get one.

Note: LNS now sells a 320 or a 220, that have exactly half the magazine capacity, smaller bar size capacity, etc. for the same price. Most parts are not interchangeable, etc. etc. etc. Boo hoo.

Reply to
Bryce

Bryce wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Bryce,

LNS has a used 332 listed on their web site:

Hydrobar Express 332.. S.N. 131136 (RFm12).. Date of Manufacture, Dec '03 .. USED..Very Good Condition.. Automatic Magazine barfeed for 12 ft. barstock in diameters of 1/8" through 11/4".. Loads from the Right Front..Includes: 8mm, 17mm and 23mm channel sets. New List Price with (3) channel sets.. $32,900..... Bargain Price = $22,900 Unit sold as is with no warranty, via 2nd party. FOB Massachusetts.

The 23mm channel set would give you 3/4" capacity without having to turn the back of the bar. Essentially this model would be the same as the 326 from an operation/magazine length POV. Clearly it was on a 20mm machine at some point. The thing I wonder about is why it's no longer on the machine. Did the customer hate it? Or did they send the machine back, or was it repo'd and the bar feed ended up orphaned? Or maybe the machine caught on fire? Who knows? But I would ask. AFTER you get the sad story, ask to talk to the customer where it was installed.

It is back asswards for a right hand machine.

I'd offer up the asking price if they turn it around for you (load from left front), install it, and give you a one year parts warranty.

Otherwise I'll make some calls tomorrow.

Meanwhile take a look at the FMB Turbo 326. It's sweet.

Reply to
D Murphy

We ended up coming to an arrangement and a new 332 is on it's way, the

220 going to the sales company to have on their floor. So a used 326 is no longer needed. Just need to figure out what we're going to do if we buy another machine some day... Probably buy another 332. That FMB sounds really good, but it's the whole changing horses thing.

Thanks Dan.

Reply to
Bryce

Bryce wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No problem.

I understand the advantage of sticking with the same brand. Especially after having to deal with every brand there is.

Turns out used bar loaders are pretty scarce. They are usually paired with a used machine and nobody wants to break then apart.

Good luck and if you run into any troubles just give me a shout.

Reply to
D Murphy