Inneresting gas-saving factoid

Well at 178,000 miles on my Saturn SL1, I'm getting 36+ mpg during the warm seasons, somewhat less in winter. Recently I only obtained 33 mpg but I towed a 5x8 utility trailer twice on that tank for a total of 110 miles.
Those two trips were to pick up drywall and insulation, something that most guys need that gnarly truck for. I can't tow as much as a truck can carry but since I drive past the building materals place every day on the way to and from work, I can make two trips cheaply.
Are the small hybrids even rated for towing? Gasoline works better at -20F btw than batteries.
Wes
The best way to improve your car's gas mileage is to adust the nut behind the steering wheel.