Iv'e become productive on UGNX!!!!!

I know this because electrode programming has caught up with the EDM dept, and now there's only 24hrs a week of programming available.
Nice huh?
The programs are done faster eliminating the programming bottleneck. Now they are running over 90% problem free. The machining times are way down eliminating the cnc mill bottleneck. The new bottleneck is now edm.
And the prize for this is ...not sure yet. Maybe I will get to run a cnc mill YAHOOO!!!cough
Shit...all my tools are rusty. Damnit. Frig.
Add pictures here
✖

Dam sam, how long did it take to come up to speed on NX? It took me damn near a year with Cimatron+training classes- sneeking back to masterscam every so often, just to get'er done. Only because there was nobody to ask.
No cav/core moldbase programming available?
Every time I got cought up, its help mold designers time. Alot of mold shops up here, designers are programmers too. Then the head aches really begin. How the hell do I get that part out of the mold? What? the mold was quoted to fit this size press? too small! naturally, 5lbs shit in 1 lb bag. Ya learn alot designing molds. Lots- o-mechanics. Lifters, Slifters,Side Actions,unscrewing, 3plate, insulated runner, hot runner,all the different plastics, calculating press tonage per sqr in of plastic part. Now with 2&3 color molds - cubes- its a whole new animal. You never look at a plastic part(mainly the inside) & say" how the hell they do that? do ya? Like the plastic intake manifolds. I got to learn mold setup & processing for about a year. Now thats fun. Those guys have it made. Anything wrong- just blame the mold/molmaker. Can't tellya how many times that happened to me(grrrrrrr) due to incompetence & inadequate machines. Hope for machine opp. Leme tellya its alot more fun & less stress. Shit rusty tools, mine sat for 6yrs along with the Redwings- good opportunity to "clean'em up".
--
Gil=A9
Member of

Dam sam, how long did it take to come up to speed on NX?
********** That's a relative question. **********
It took me damn near a year with Cimatron+training classes- sneeking back to masterscam every so often, just to get'er done. Only because there was nobody to ask.
******** First of all I have no other cam to fall back on. When I get stuck I have to work thru it. Plus I'm on nightshift, so I have the luxury of working thru problems for hours if need be. As far as people to ask, I have that but it's delayed. Thru the internet, or dayshift, I can ask a question and get a responce by the next night. Not as good as people to ask, but almost as good.
*********
No cav/core moldbase programming available?
****** we have 6 programmers. There is still stuff to program, but it takes a lot to feed 6 people. I do steel components, but am yet to do any moldbase programming. *******
Every time I got cought up, its help mold designers time. Alot of mold shops up here, designers are programmers too.
******* I wish that was the case here in Florida. Design is really seperated from the floor in this state. Not sure why. So there's never any helping them, they would hire a new guy first and lay off a programmer before they use a programmer to help.??? ********
********** yep, that's designing a mold, a limited space to fit enough stuff for it to run 9 second cycles for 5 years non stop. I would love to be involved in design. But instead I am being offered EDM, cnc milling steel or plates, and 24hrs a week programming. sux, but it's a job I guess. ********
[...]

Nice. Did you get a chance to have any of your programs run on that Mikron yet?
Add pictures here
✖

Nice. Did you get a chance to have any of your programs run on that Mikron yet?
********
Sure, iv'e made 10 or more for that machine. None true variable 5 axis, but Iv'e used it to machine planes all over the electrodes. What I want to do is full blown 5 axis variable, but alas, the post is not up to par I guess.
Add pictures here
✖