Iv'e become productive on UGNX!!!!!

I know this because electrode programming has caught up with the EDM dept, and now there's only 24hrs a week of programming available.

Nice huh?

The programs are done faster eliminating the programming bottleneck. Now they are running over 90% problem free. The machining times are way down eliminating the cnc mill bottleneck. The new bottleneck is now edm.

And the prize for this is ...not sure yet. Maybe I will get to run a cnc mill YAHOOO!!!cough

Shit...all my tools are rusty. Damnit. Frig.

Reply to
vinny

Dam sam, how long did it take to come up to speed on NX? It took me damn near a year with Cimatron+training classes- sneeking back to masterscam every so often, just to get'er done. Only because there was nobody to ask.

No cav/core moldbase programming available?

Every time I got cought up, its help mold designers time. Alot of mold shops up here, designers are programmers too. Then the head aches really begin. How the hell do I get that part out of the mold? What? the mold was quoted to fit this size press? too small! naturally, 5lbs shit in 1 lb bag. Ya learn alot designing molds. Lots- o-mechanics. Lifters, Slifters,Side Actions,unscrewing, 3plate, insulated runner, hot runner,all the different plastics, calculating press tonage per sqr in of plastic part. Now with 2&3 color molds - cubes- its a whole new animal. You never look at a plastic part(mainly the inside) & say" how the hell they do that? do ya? Like the plastic intake manifolds. I got to learn mold setup & processing for about a year. Now thats fun. Those guys have it made. Anything wrong- just blame the mold/molmaker. Can't tellya how many times that happened to me(grrrrrrr) due to incompetence & inadequate machines. Hope for machine opp. Leme tellya its alot more fun & less stress. Shit rusty tools, mine sat for 6yrs along with the Redwings- good opportunity to "clean'em up".

Reply to
cncmillgil

Nice. Did you get a chance to have any of your programs run on that Mikron yet?

Reply to
Joe788

Nice. Did you get a chance to have any of your programs run on that Mikron yet?

********

Sure, iv'e made 10 or more for that machine. None true variable 5 axis, but Iv'e used it to machine planes all over the electrodes. What I want to do is full blown 5 axis variable, but alas, the post is not up to par I guess.

********** That's a relative question. **********

It took me damn near a year with Cimatron+training classes- sneeking back to masterscam every so often, just to get'er done. Only because there was nobody to ask.

******** First of all I have no other cam to fall back on. When I get stuck I have to work thru it. Plus I'm on nightshift, so I have the luxury of working thru problems for hours if need be. As far as people to ask, I have that but it's delayed. Thru the internet, or dayshift, I can ask a question and get a responce by the next night. Not as good as people to ask, but almost as good.

*********

No cav/core moldbase programming available?

****** we have 6 programmers. There is still stuff to program, but it takes a lot to feed 6 people. I do steel components, but am yet to do any moldbase programming. *******

Every time I got cought up, its help mold designers time. Alot of mold shops up here, designers are programmers too.

******* I wish that was the case here in Florida. Design is really seperated from the floor in this state. Not sure why. So there's never any helping them, they would hire a new guy first and lay off a programmer before they use a programmer to help.??? ********

********** yep, that's designing a mold, a limited space to fit enough stuff for it to run 9 second cycles for 5 years non stop. I would love to be involved in design. But instead I am being offered EDM, cnc milling steel or plates, and 24hrs a week programming. sux, but it's a job I guess. ********