Macro Help

Hello I am brand new to macros so take it easy on me. N95 #3000=100 (INPUT VALUE MISSING) in this link

. What does it do?

Reply to
Todd Helmick

Todd,

By your own admission, you are new to macros. Good for you to take interest in this fascinating subject, but #3000 is not exactly the way to start learning. However, I try to give you some pointers. Basically, #3000 in Fanuc Macro B is a system variable associated with a user generated alarm (with or without a message). In its basic form, it is invoked by the CNC programmer to trap illegal data entry in the G65 statement (macro call). That is the intention of the macro example provided by Mike Lynch that you refer to. Look at what the message says

- "INPUT VALUE MISSING". Now, go back to the G65 statement - at the top of the program - the macro call is followed by some data (called arguments). Let's assume that the programmer forgets to include one or more of these entries - a good macro programmer will anticipate that possibility and provide a message, trapping this omission.

Now, without getting too technical (hard in this case), but I try. In the macro itself, you will see several blocks that include the words IF .. GOTO95. These are what we call 'error trapping blocks', based on a certain condition. Each block simply means 'if the defined argument in G65 block is missing, skip all following program blocks and go directly to a special block N95'.

You may still be confused with the variable numbers (#25, #26, #18, #7, ect ...) and their relationship to the macro - this is a whole new ball game, and I wish I could go on and explain it. I am sure somebody will pick up on this thread and enlighten you further.

Last item relates to the N95 #3000=100 (INPUT VALUE MISSING) entry in Mike's example. The '=100' is totally arbitrary - it could be any other reasonable number. The number just defines the error number - the idea is to use error numbers in macros that do not duplicate error numbers of the control system.

I hope I have given you a glimpse of light. Mike is the top class guy - check his site at

you will find a wealth of information there.

Good luck and best regards,

Peter Smid ...

... trying to do my best with 'CNC Programming Handbook', 'CNC Programming Techniques', and 'Fanuc CNC Custom Macros' books

Reply to
psmid

snipped-for-privacy@nas.net wrote in news:1148692182.296526.72230 @j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

The answer looked fine to me.

Are you the same Peter Smid (not that I imagine there are too many) that authored several books?

Reply to
D Murphy

"What is More Lasting Than Brass?

What is the story with that sig?

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

I was born in the Brass City.

It didn't last.

Reply to
D Murphy

Todd,

Here are a couple of links you may find informative;

Hello

Reply to
brewertr