Need replacement for ProComm

OK, we've been using ProComm V4.8 for years. I just had occasion to need to reinstall it on a PC here, and, lo and behold! The sucker ain't compatible with Windows XP! That is, it works OK if it is already on, but windows XP won=92t run the install program. I suppose I could try to emulate Win98 & load it, but I don't get a warm fuzzy thinking about that. So, what are you all using? HyperTerminal? I had than working on one of our PC's but that one has been wiped so I can't refer to it. Settings necessary to connect to a Fanuc OT do not seem to be there. I think I had some sort of enhanced version. It's been a number of years. Has successfully configured HyperTerminal to Fanuc recently? If so what settings on the machine/ PC sides? I liked ProComm because I could set it up to be easy for operators of all levels of computer (il)literacy. HyperTerminal is geeky even if you have it working, IIRC. Are there other products out there that fill the void? Thank You!

Reply to
plh

Have a nice program that I can send you. Has a built in data base as well so you can comment and date programs.

snipped-for-privacy@debcomachinery.com

Reply to
Dave B

The program I can send you is nice , its has an option that if you have numerous types of controls you can save the specific set-up to a file (rs-232 parametrs) so it makes it easy to go from one control type to another.

db

Reply to
Dave B

ProComm. You Were The Enemy!! If I could find it, I would send you the latest (1997 ?) Beta of TELIX for Windows. That would do the trick I am sure. (now I have to find it and try). NASA used TELIX DOS. Way good software. I once used TELIX to diall my bosses extension every 20 minutes or so to annoy him. It worked. Anyhooo.....

I use this to u/d to an FANUC 18T and two 18iTs on a manual switch box from XP running a USB com port.

a nice editor built in, too. Though I use Notepad just the same. Mostly because I am old and forget that I want to try the new editor.

This is also quite nice as it has a feature in it that figures out the data bits and such. Easy setup for multiple CNC's on a desktop Icon with multiple CNC configurations as needed. Really nice job by the guy who wrote it. It is bought and supported through Marubeni-Citizen. Month trial and 'bout 350US. If you are a new customer, I believe they send you a B12 just for trying it. (I crack me up.)

billynevada