Needed Inspection Tool Calibration Spreadsheet / Docs

Greetings all

Does anyone have a simple spread sheet or document template they could share that handles Inspection tool calibrations? I am updating some of our Quality Assurance & Control procedures and paperwork and want to change the cumbersome stupid way we do it now. I really believe in the KISS principle (Keep it simple stupid) so keep that in mind.

It would be kind of useful to tie into Microsoft outlooks tasks or calendar to bring up expiration warnings. If you don't have anything to share perhaps you can explain your procedures for calibrations and record keeping. Just keep in mind we are not working for NASA or Any of the Big three automakers (Toyota, Nissan & Honda) ; not yet anyway. Though I guess indirectly we have no idea we are all working real hard for Exxon Mobil, BP, China Inc. etc.

Cheers

Greg

Greg

"Greg" wrote in news:1146151123.122066.18400 @i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

The easiest way would probably to just set up a db with a front-end that you can click a button once a month and spit out a calibration due listing. MS Access or Open Office Base.

Reply to
Anthony

Greg,

I would suggest you post this request at -

paul

"Greg" wrote in news:1146151123.122066.18400 @i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Greg, Send me an email with what you need/want as data in the table and I'll see if I can do something in base this weekend, provided I get time.

Reply to
Anthony

Tony I spoke to the Technician for the company that does the calibrations we don't handle ourselves and was surprised to hear that 90% of the machine shops he visits use index cards to record thier calibrations. He is coming in to do the surface plate, hardness testers and the chart recorderes on the Heat Treating ovens. We also do a load cell we use for testing of light poles and trafic arms. Some day I am gonna gett me one of dem dare data loggers.

Thank You for the offer I will send along an email.

Greg

Greg

Index cards have worked fine for a long time. Just index the cards by the month the next inspection is due and when it comes to the top, do the inspection. Very simple and efficient with no programming involved other than putting month dates on the index tabs. I always keep a master index of what was done each month.

John

Reply to
john