Off Topic Machining Question

What causes a spindle to wear out and make the tool holder start sticking?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Sharing tool holders between machines.

The stud in cat holders tightened too tight deforming the end of the taper.

Reply to
vinny

jon_banquer wrote in news:70fa6cec-0e79-4b27-b71f- snipped-for-privacy@y21g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Time.

Misalignment.

Crashes.

Reply to
D Murphy

Ejector needing set.

Reply to
mark

Knock out pin needing to be reset.

Drawbar tension too low. This will cause the end of the spindle to "bellmouth" over time. Its been a long time since I have looked at a Haas, but most/all of the better machine mfg's have integral drive dogs. With the old "bolt in" style the bellmouth problem is more likely.

Reply to
zymrgy

It is a haas.

Reply to
clutch

DaveB

Be specific. Factually state what's wrong with a Haas spindle.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

How do you check the drawbar tension on the machines you use?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

The people who we buy our machine tools from (Methods) were kind enough to let us use theirs.

Reply to
zymrgy

I have a Fadal at work and heavy loads on the tool will cause it to have a hard release using any collet so its not a collet issue.

Reply to
vega