Off Topic Machining Question

What causes a spindle to wear out and make the tool holder start sticking?

Sharing tool holders between machines.
The stud in cat holders tightened too tight deforming the end of the taper.

Time.
Misalignment.
Crashes.
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d

Ejector needing set.
Knock out pin needing to be reset.
Drawbar tension too low. This will cause the end of the spindle to "bellmouth" over time. Its been a long time since I have looked at a Haas, but most/all of the better machine mfg's have integral drive dogs. With the old "bolt in" style the bellmouth problem is more likely.
On Sep 29, 5:16am, snipped-for-privacy@rise.zzn.com wrote:

How do you check the drawbar tension on the machines you use?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 17:06:23 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

http://www.usshoptools.com/current_year/all_products/2007_08_pdf/PGS_209.pdf DaveB

http://www.commandtool.com/ctstore2/showoff.cfm?&DID=1&CATID &ObjectGroup_IDv
The people who we buy our machine tools from (Methods) were kind enough to let us use theirs.

It is a haas.
On Sep 29, 2:45pm, snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

Be specific. Factually state what's wrong with a Haas spindle.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

I have a Fadal at work and heavy loads on the tool will cause it to have a hard release using any collet so its not a collet issue.