Oops..

--We were running a Haas MiniMill today in that insanely fast
program trial run mode but there was a decimal out of place and the machine
crashed into a limit switch in X. Problem is now we can't get it unstuck!
Is there an uncomplicated way to turn the ballscrew by hand, to back
the table off from the limit switch so we can restore it to normal operation?
Reply to
steamer
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 --We were running a Haas MiniMill today in that insanely = fast > program trial run mode but there was a decimal out of place and the machi= ne > crashed into a limit switch in X. Problem is now we can't get it unstuck! > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Is there an uncomplicated way to turn the ballscrew by ha= nd, to back > the table off from the limit switch so we can restore it to normal operat= ion? > > -- > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 "Steamboat Ed" Haas =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 : =A0Do us a favor an= d rescue > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Hacking the Trailing Edge! =A0: =A0a doggie or three... > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0www.nmpproducts.com > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0---Decks a-wash in a sea of words-=
Reply to
reidmachine
If you can't free it with the control, power down, remove a cover and rotate the screw away from the switch by hand.
This is the way it is on our cinci's anyway. Not sure about Haas
Good luck
Turn machine off, turn machine back on, go to setting and turn " Jog w/o zero return" on (cursor right or left will toggle on/off of setting) This will allow you to jog the table in .001 increments. Jog at least 1" away from end of travel. Turn machine off, then back on, and go thru normal start up procedure
let me know if that worked, it's worked for me before.
"D"
Reply to
jimz
DO NOT JOG IT FURTHER INTO END OF TRAVEL !!!!! You WILL blow up the bearings on the screw
Reply to
reidmachine
--Did it.
--Did this, before trying to jog the table, on the off chance it might make a difference. To our utter astonishment it actually backed away from that extreme position and 'homed' correctly; no manual jogging required.
--Thank you sir! Apparently the "Jog w/o zero return" parameter, once set to "on", helps with the reregistering of the machine to the home position.
Reply to
steamer
> >Turn machine off, > >turn machine back on, go to setting and turn " Jog w/o zero return" on > > (cursor right or left will toggle on/off of setting) > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 --Did it. > >This will allow you to jog the table in .001 increments. > >Jog at least 1" away from end of travel. > >Turn machine off, then back on, and go thru normal start up procedure > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 --Did this, before trying to jog the table, on the off ch= ance it > might make a difference. To our utter astonishment it actually backed awa= y > from that extreme position and 'homed' correctly; no manual jogging > required.>let me know if that worked, it's worked for me before. > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 --Thank you sir! Apparently the "Jog w/o zero return" par= ameter, > once set to "on", helps with the reregistering of the machine to the home > position. > > -- > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 "Steamboat Ed" Haas =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 : =A0Do us a favor an= d rescue > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Hacking the Trailing Edge! =A0: =A0a doggie or three... > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0www.nmpproducts.com > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0---Decks a-wash in a sea of words-=
Reply to
reidmachine