Programing Using Excel

I remember a discussion on programing using a spreadsheet. Here is an article in American Machinist with tips on how to use Excel to program:
http://www.americanmachinist.com/304/Issue/Article/False/82694/Issue
http://www.americanmachinist.com/304/Issue/Article/False/82695/Issue
Best, Steve
--

Regards,
Steve Saling

Looks like this might be the first thing American Machinist has ever published of any real value. I'll try and dig into it in the next few weeks. Thanks for posting this, Steve.
Ignorant:
Jon, I never forgot any of your postings about SDRC I made the wrong decision in spite of what you said. There have been a number of times that my Wife has told me to be careful in dealing with someone and after words says "I told you so". She earned the right to say it as well as you have earned the right to say I TOLD YOU SO. I made a decision that went against my better judgment and as usual it turned out poorly. .... Tom Brewer
Ignorant:
I do not purchase programs unless I know before hand that they are what I want and/ or need.... Tom Brewer who cant follow his own advice. See above.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewer thinking he and his pals like Joe788 can play their Usenet staking games, lie on a repeated basis and suffer no consequences for doing so.
Ignorant:
I have shot myself in the foot, not an easy thing to do when it is in your mouth and your head is in your ass. Tom Brewer admitting what hes often like.
Ignorant:
Someone who has a proven track record of not being able to deal with or accept the kind of change that occurs in the cadcam market... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Ignorant:
Someone who doesn't live in San Diego yet insists there is no shortage of CNC machinists here... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Ignorant:
Someone who criticizes someone on SolidWorks but has never helped anyone with specific SolidWorks answers. Someone who is not able to answer any questions that Vinny had on master modeling or skeletal modeling. Someone who has never posted any models they have done... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewer's failure to understand who Matt Lombard really is.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewers unable to comprehend whats on the cover of the SolidWorks Bible:
"Whether you're a new, intermediate, ...."
Ignorant:
Someone who cant understand more than a simple I love it! or I hate it! type of comment ... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.
Ignorant:
Tom Brewer implies that because you acknowledge that the $25 SolidWorks course covers subjects / topics that the $650 SolidWorks course didn't that you're now somehow an idiot and got screwed when you decided to purchase the $650 SolidWorks course.
Tom Brewer Writing About SmartCAM:
I ended up paying a consultant $40.00 per hour for two weeks.
FYI, when I said "Solid modeling" in reference to SmartCam it was tongue in cheek. What you could not see is that when I was typing that I was laughing to myself. Anyone that uses SmartCam and Solid Modeling in the same sentence cannot be taken seriously.
Recently Tom Brewer said SmartCAM had no user interface problems and yet the record shows Tom Brewer thinks SmartCAM does indeed have user interface problems:
The only real problem that I run into is that the screen can get cluttered and it becomes difficult to pick and choose elements in Free Form. I just use the utility masking feature to hide what is in the way, that cures the problem but it does add work (I tried the snap filtering and snap options but for me it was not the best way), I have seen other packages that handle picking and choosing in better.
Conclusion:
Tom Brewer thinks hes a SolidWorks expert. A SolidWorks expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

That was slight thread drift on your manual contouring post, iirc.
The thread where it became clear that not only does jb not understand assci vs. non-assci or text editors for g-code, he don't know how to use a spreadsheet either, AND cain't manually contour.
Here is an article

I found these a little cryptic, didn't really see the point of the concatenate bidniss -- too much drama. And the Fill bidniss would seem to be a real hobbled version of cadcam'd dnc.
I think the best demonstration of a spreadsheet in g-code would be the original article you posted some time ago on manual contouring, all done in a spreadsheet.
But, I'm told, alladat is obviated by cadcam inyway. <sigh>
--
PV'd