Boris, Decam's Spider

To All:

I saw this in American Machinist, I thought it was cute.

"The True Story of Boris"

BottleBob

IIRC Bruce Closs had one in his office when he was selling Delcam in California.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

John:

How could you reply so quickly, your response has the same time as my post on it?

At one Westec, I asked the people in the Delcam booth if I could have the program to create the spider - they said sure, but I'd have to buy a seat of PowerMill to get it. LOL

Reply to
BottleBob

Beats me. I just got down here and saw your post and replied. Maybe it's the clock on my computer or something.

What they probably meant was that you'd have had to program it in PowerMill and I doubt that was what you had in mind

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Here is something I get once a month from a vendor. You might be interested.

John R. Carroll

If you read this story you know how involved Jon Hunwick was with Boris. What you don't know is how much of a user advocate Jon Hunwick is and that he runs the Delcam forums. I've said many, many times in this newsgroup that I've never had a post censored or deleted from the Delcam forums and I have many posts there all under my own name. There is no need or reason for me to post with an alias in any Delcam forum. Delcam also doesn't need fanboy's in their forums because they know this hurts product development. When people criticize PowerShapes faults Jon is always supportive and understanding of the often very harsh criticism of PowerShape. Jon has also has made numerous free videos showing how to best use PowerShape. Jon represents what's right in the CADCAM industry. So does Bart Simpson. So does Christian Briscoe who was my FeatureCAM rep in Phoenix, Arizona and would be if I was using FeatureCAM in San Diego, CA. You couldn't ask for better support then I have gotten over the years from FeatureCAM / Delcam.

I wish Delcam would yank the garbage CAD in FeatureCAM and replace it with PowerShape. This would give FeatureCAM a major advantage over Mastercam=92s CAD.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

SNIPPED

Jon represents what's right

I'd like to add Tangent Concepts to the list of good guys. They sell Surfcam, the program has numerous issues, but Walter and his crew do a great job of supporting users.

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude