quick poll - american cars

On Sat, 9 May 2009 18:55:54 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

Whenever I contract with Gunner to do a job he gets paid as soon as he hands me an invoice if the job is for me personally, if professionally and I am directly involved I see that he is paid within 24 hours unless different payment terms are agreed on when he bids the job.
One job he did about 1-1/2 years ago was a big job for him. He was preparing a bill and he came to me a little concerned, the bill was in the good 5 figure range. Gunner told me about it and I got a little upset with him because I told him to bill each week and he let it go for a couple weeks without billing. He hadn't realized it would be so high and he offered to reduce it, I refused his offer. I refused it because I didn't feel it was fair to him, it wasn't the price agreed upon and I couldn't have done better had I gone somewhere else.
Gunner you can correct me if I remember things differently than you.
Tom
On Sat, 09 May 2009 21:12:12 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Absolutely correct. You have been a jewel to work for. and in fact..are a very nice and more importantly....a very intelligent gentleman.
My respects indeed!
Gunner
On Sun, 10 May 2009 09:59:00 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools

Like many in the repair business it's feast or famine.......and if gross income equaled net income..............
On Sun, 10 May 2009 10:43:21 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Sigh....indeed. Some years/months are Great...other years/months are not so good...some...like now...are pathetic.
Expenses add up a lot too.
Gunner

The key to a successful business is often controlling your costs more than anything else. Once you have that done you can pass on some of the savings to grateful customers. The biggest are are the fixed costs. Given that those are kept low slow periods can be managed.

At this point I'm not sure what's funnier:
1. Who you asked the question to.
2. The laughable answers you got.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Sun, 10 May 2009 13:04:29 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

Hard to choose, it's a toss up between:
your accuracy claims & beginner questions recently about gages,
your clueless CAD/CAM rants,
your years of posing as a CAD/CAM expert on programs you obviously don't even have a basic working knowledge of
your blog's Machining tips page
your claims you once knew, owned and taught SolidWorks courses ROFLMAO
oh! maybe when you claimed to be working for/with HSM Works
claimed you once owned 100+ rental units while making $16-$21 per hour
that your company bought NX6 and you would be using it starting last January
you running a machine for months and not knowing how many pallets it had, 12 wasn't it and you kept claiming 11
OH!, operating a Hass and not knowing how to perform daily operator checks, where the oil gage ALWAYS reads zero on the automatic oiling system, where the tools bang out of the spindle, randomly shot through the carrousel and end up bouncing around in the work area
your claims there was a shortage of machinists in San Diego, where I said it is more likely a shortage of machinists willing to work for operators wages. You refused to post what you thought was a fair wage was but NOW you are calling $5.00 MORE per hour "Coolie Wages".
your opinion, claim to be or what you know, etc., etc., etc., etc.
-- Tom http://tinyurl.com/5okkgz

The "Doing Business with Jon Banquer" post was enough for me.......
On May 10, 5:39 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I think his continual claims that he was "working with" HSMWorks were my favorite, of course that includes the letter from HSMWorks, clearing stating that Jon WAS NEVER affiliated with HSMWorks in ANY way.
You gotta give him an A for effort though!
On Sat, 9 May 2009 18:55:54 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

I have done business with John Carroll, knows his shit, firm, fair and pays promptly.
Four things I am sure people don't say about you Jon.
Tom
or about Sat, 09 May 2009 13:38:13 -0700 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    LOL
    I worked a store which had a Drill press with a sold tag on it. A couple years later, someone really wanted to buy it, and the owner called up the previous buyer (friend of his) and said "You going to come get this, or am I going to have to sell it for the storage fees?" Guy came the next day.     Then we had to move all sorts of stuff to get it out of the aisle it had become "one with the store" in. pyotr - pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

I had a late model V6 Ranger at work, and it only got about 16-17 mpg unloaded, which is not enough for a tiny truck, IMO. It did have plenty of power and was reliable, unlike some of our larger Ford vehicles.

We've been over this with Gunner. Only misguided liberals care about fuel efficiency. Gunner needs a big engine to cart his ass around, because he is a Good American.
--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I'm not one to preach on that subject, the family fleet is not exactly the most fuel efficient. It will be a big factor to consider when I choose my next vehicle.

Lets see...Im 6'2, 195lbs.
Wear 36x 36 jeans and a 18 shirt.
Hell yes..Im a bag of suet.
Laugh laugh laugh
Gunner

My Ranger gets about 19, the E350 gets about 15...at 55..drops to 10 at 65. The ex's Saturn gets about 28, the Travco motor home gets a surprising 18, and the B3000 gets 21..even with it not able to pass smog.
The scooters...about 50 each
Gunner
"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"
NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Automatic eh? Mine gets around 19
Gunner

Yes, and 4WD, which didn't help either.

hum...never owned a 4x..least not for 20 yrs. Bad mileage eh?
Gunner

Seems to lop one or two MPG off- I suppose it's the extra dead weight, plus the extra rotating weight even in 2WD. AWD vehicle versions suffer as well.