SE, not actually out of the shippers hands yet..

I got shippers tracking data.. it wont ship until aug 25th though... so maybe i will have it by friday if Im not inland in the 110F heat
doing a controls job by then.
Judging by the apparent rush, fits and starts on this entirely new solids modeling approach. Im expecting a fast paced series of updates and new releases for the first year or three.
My guess is that before its over a lot of folks are going to be interested in porting it to Linux, or anything but the vesper like vagaries of billy gates's stunningly massive hair ball.
Phil scott

Jb with his secret sources sez it was released .... several times already ... hold him to the July ... he said you could ... I suggest his feet to the fire again ....
--
Cliff

it seems that 'released' in this case means .. released for production, not shipped. and shipping means sent to the shipper for delivery. and actual shipment is confirmed by the shipper.. in this case a week later.
not so bad... just evidence of pushing the envelope a bit.
In any event, its breakthrough software if all goes even remotely well, in a world where 6 months to a year delays are common, then the product V1 is buggy as hell or even stays buggy. So SE was a week or so behind some of the vendor rhetoric, thats nothing in this context.
Phil scott

I should have a pretty good read on what it can do, and how easily it can do it at the illustrator level at least, after a day or so on the first tutorials this friday or sat. If it shows promise expect me to be quite effusive about it... personally I think it will be virtually bug free and easy for the type of work I do.
It will be at your level where the real test will come.
Phil scott

thanks... maybe anyone can download it for a free 30 day trial... that would be a smart move. they are sending me a disc and a book though.. I will wait.
It would be good to hear what Cliff thinks of ST.
Phil scot

t>
This is the "full" version for those SE customers on maintenance. It was announced on the customer SE newsgroup.
--
Ken