Smoking in the MachineShop

I wouldn't be worried about time wasted smoking, they are wasting too much time sweeping.....

[you'd have to see my shop to know whay that is funny]
Reply to
yourname

As a point of reference, 2000 cfm equates roughly to a 5 ton residential A/C air handler.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

We have a cleaning crew come in on the weekend. The places really never gets bad except the smoke that comes from the manual machines. Then only once in awhile it looks cloudy. Other than closing off that section I can't think of much to do but open window and turn of a fan. I have stayed away from Cool Mist for that very reason. That and the rust that happens. Must be from improper mixure.

Reply to
Proto

I really have to address the insulation I am afraid. That and heat coming in from the black hot top. To bad it didn't come in other colors.

Reply to
Proto

The manual area here is the only part that gets the chips everywhere. The guys are good about emptying the barrels. I would like to see shots of other shops. Would be very interesting.

Reply to
Proto

> 4

Nobody said you "have" to install A/C......I was just putting forth that any old 5 ton air handler would work grand as a source for your blower is all--or use the air handler and simply leave the refrigerant lines unconnected....

This would concievably pass all of the air within a 20 x 20 space having 8 ft ceiling through the filter in a time span of appx 2.5 minutes....if my numbers are correct.

I'm pretty sure that Ive found what would be your most efficient / lowest cost solution if you desire to filter the shop air....if you continue to erect barriers surrounding taking action upon it then that is entirely up to you.

Seeya....

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Help is what I seem to be short of these days. Most are small issues that bug me about the manual department in general. Like what brand is a good one for draw bars. Sometimes I go through them way to often. Are there any brands to stay away from.I am trying to get more into these sort of purchases. Does anyone do their own repairs on ProtoTrac equipment like replacing and adjusting the readers. Are there actually ProtoTrac shops out there or is everyone full CNC? What is the widest used CadCam package? Are people here familiar with TechSoft Procam?

Reply to
Proto

There is A/C but the building is oddly shaped with an addition poorly insulated. Not a well constructed building to start with I'm afraid. I will just have to take my time in making the best of every modification possibly.

Reply to
Proto

I love it when the floor vibrates with that low cycle roar of mechanical thunder while maxing out a Dataflute.

Reply to
Proto

Suggest address these issues one at a time, as new posts.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

ok,thanks.

Reply to
Proto

I need to communicate with them again. That will be where I start. Thanks again Cliff.

Reply to
Proto

Time for new machines anyway.

Reply to