Swiss Retros-Ping Dan

Currently doing some retrofits of KMX machines, this customer still wants carts with the HMI mounted on the cart. After the setup is
complete they unplug it and store it.
Any offsets required are dialed in on the operator console.
The operators have no need to see a screen as the machine has large capacity bar feeders and run forever on a job.
Of course the new cart has tcp/ip connections.
Also,am working with a customer on retrofitting three spinning machines which will load via robot, same thing no hmi at the machine except for setup.
dave b
4ax.com:

I hear that K'MX is now being imported by ZPS. Have you had any interaction with them?
I never really understood the benefit of unplugging the HMI and wheeling it away. I suppose it saves a little bit of money, but it can't be worth it. Am I missing something?
--

Dan