Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

looks like ill be milling again... so lets get some mill chatter going!!!
Get it? mill chatter? You guys are too serious.
5
5

can't enter PC settings on Fanuc 0TC control
Machine Model: Mori Seiki SL-25 After changing the Memory PC Board, I can load the parameters but can't enter PC settings (from D300~D600)
1
1

real world experience with Centroid CNC?
looking to hear from people with hands-on experience with Centroid CNC systems. Considering it as a retrofit for a bandit controlled Shizuoka ST-N. This is for garage prototyping and custom small-run...
8
8

So what are you going to be doing with all the spare time you will be having?
Script at: Humans Need Not Apply — CGP Grey
4
4

more shop liquidations
just hit my inbox machine stuff looks large for a home shop, but ...

CNC For Woodcarving
First, I am not a CNC guy, I am just trying to get some basic idea for a potential project. How much would a CNC cost for making complex designs on doors? How fast would such a machine take to do one...
2
2

Re: Any CNC programmers need a job?
Nothing says that the employee should also know what a machine tool cannot reasonably be expected to do -- or whether a drawing shows something which can't be made other than perhaps by 3D-printing....
5
5

Thanks jb you a hole!!!!!!!!
Just downloaded hsmadvisor. You get 30 days to try it. I havnt looked at any of the numbers yet, but if the numbers are good, the product rocks. If they arent good its garbage. BUT...it looks...
1
1

For jb and precision idiot....
Your welcome. I bet jb even knows the guys name. Now you guys can learn basic gcoding and quit looking stupid in a machining newsgroup. Again, you tards are welcome.
8
8

Hamas uses fanuc macro b to program their missles
Frig, maybe that subject will get replies. WTF if wrong with you guys. Lets do some macro programming!!! Unenet was made for talking about scripting....LITERALLY in 1979!!!! fuck

Fanuc macro B thread....
wow...on topic..imagine that? Im writing a macro for the milling dept that takes a program processed off UG and runs the first tool in all the positions, then runs the second tool in all the...
32
32

milltronics cnc vm25
The cnc mill keeps losing internet is there any way to stop that or be able to find it and get it back on the internet?

Windows XP and WiFi on the shop floor.
Just hit my inbox Two emails from Belden about the continued use of Windows XP and the increasing WiFi communications on the shop floor may be of interest. FWIW -- if your boss, or you if you're the...
14
14

CNC shop auction in Houston
If you are looking for some new[er] machines this may be of interest. Just hit my inbox catlog http://pmi.vihn.net/auction/Files/4_42208_Per%20Print%20Catalog.pdf Plant & Machinery Inc. We have a wide...

What is the Y-axis on a lathe?
I have an idea, but the lathes I see are 10" chucks and have a 2" y-axis. With only 2" of travel how can a y-axis be of use in anything but small parts. Or am I just envisioning the y-axis wrong. I...
3
3