Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Controlling a shaker table with a PID
Hi, I created a thread covering part of this subject back in September but after having read more about controllers I'm a bit more confidential with the terms used in the "controller world" besides...
5
5

2nd Harmonic Grade test module
I need some help identifying something I bought at an auction. In with a bunch of older Modicon PLC modules, I found four new modules that are made for a rack and "2nd Harmonic Grade" is printed on...
6
6

Powerline LonWorks Controller's suppliers
Dear all, Can someone tell me suppliers of Powerline LonWorks Controller? I need the specifications including Points Capacity, Procingm supplier's name and Availability. I'm in Singapore. So,...

Looking for industrial incident material
Hi, We're putting together a training course for graduates to show them a bit about what the real world of industrial control is about. Does anyone know where video for major incidents can be...
5
5

Consuming DDE and providing XML
SCENARIO A factory production line uses RSLINX software to gather data from PCI cards and expose it through DDE. An Excel spreadsheet consumes this via Copy and Paste of the link from RSLINX. This...
3
3

Talk to an AB SLC-505 Ethernet PLC ?
Can anyone here tell me if it's possible to read and write individual values to specific addresses (eg: N13:21) in the subject PLC using its built-in ethernet communications capabilities (that is, NOT...
4
4

Proven Methods and Best Practices for Process Control
Articles and discussion on proven methods and best practices in process control is available at: is a complete table of articles: (visit: Fundamental Principles of Process Control Motivation and...

Danfoss (Siemens) Mag Flow Validator
Can anyone explain the operation of the Danfoss (Siemens) mag flow meter validator used with the Ad-Mag 5000 mag flow meters. The verification reports produced by the software from a validator test,...
4
4

Yokogawa Centum CS 1000
Hi All. In my lab in SISIN ITB (indonesia), we use DCS Yokogawa Centum CS 1000 to simulate an industrial control system. But I have a problem now. When I want to "download common section" from System...

Atencion Venezuela Curso Basico de PLC
Gratas noticias, INTRAVE no solo sigue siendo su distribuidor OMRON, para el 2007 agrega Cursos OMRON al catalogo de Cursos de Programaci=F3n de PLCs y estos son: -Curso Basico de Programaci=F3n de...

Maxon EPOS Controller
Hi, I have been handed a Maxon epos 24/5 controller to work with. The spec say I nees a 12V DC power supply that can supply max 5A continous current. i don't have such a supply. Whenever I connect the...
1
1

How to calculate the time delay created by a tube.
Hi, I am trying to model a pressure tube of length 'L', where a fan is attached at one end and the other end is open. I know that Pressure in the tube will vary space and time when there is some...
2
2

Question (from a layman) about torque
I recently used a surplus windshield wiper motor in a drum coffee roaster application. The drum has an 11 inch diameter, and the motor can reliably do about 5 pounds of coffee beans. It's coupled with...
33
33

Quick T2SI
Hello, I want to program a VR stamp. I would like to know if someone knows where I can download a version of the Quick T2SI software from Sensoryinc. thanks k
2
2

Impedance Diagram of Low Pass Filter
I am to draw an impedance diagram of a low pass filter and indicate the phase angle. Is the phase angle found by: 1) -arctan(wRC) or 2) -arctan(Xc/R) Appreciate if someone could advise which one of...
2
2