Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Automation Direct PLC/PC Communication
I've successfully queried an Automation Direct 05 PLC via a modbus driver. I can ascertain the state of the inputs/outputs. However, when I query a 350 PLC I get modbus operation timeouts. Both have...
2
2

laplace tranform convert to code
Hello all, I need some guidance in programming a laplace transfer function into computer language -- pseudocode for now. The transfer function is a second order function: To^2*s^2 + zeta1*To*s + 1...
12
12

load flow calculation
Can i have some material for calculating power flow in all phase using some technique like gauss siedel or load flow technique

Advantech drivers for PCL-711B control/DAQ ISA card
Hello All, I've been bounced into a data acquisition job and presented my boss with a nice low-risk solution using an Agilent 34970a data acquisition mainframe, one of the cheapest on the market, but...
3
3

ladder logic question
I have what is bound to be a very simple question. I am using AB SLC500's but the logic will be there regardless of what platform I would be using. I am trying to take a normally open switch such as a...
13
13

I need an old PLC software - Can someone help me?
The name is A.I PLC2 programming software, to connect a PLC2/16 to a PC. We do have the 6.05 version but I need the 6.22 or later to connect my pcmcia card... Or if you can find me this cable, it...
2
2

Signal earthing to control system
to combine or not to combine , this is a problem. In one project , DCS vendor Honeywell requested that the signal earth of DCS system should be seperated from plant electrical earthing system. They...
2
2

LVDT Reversibility?
Is there a way to power an LVDT such that it could be used as a linear motor, or a linear actuator? I need something relatively fast like a solenoid, that has a 3-3/4" stroke and can be accurately...
24
24

SPIM parameter determination
Would please let me know a procedure for determination of equivalent circuit parameters of Capacitor-Run Single Phase Induction Motor? Thanks very much for your help! Bijan

Legacy PLC software and USB (slightly OT)
Really a software topic, but relevant to control: I hear of problems with old instrumentation software using PC COM ports when it's used with a newer PC which emulates the port using a USB adaptor....
1
1

Fit a transfer function to gain and phase data
I have the gain and phase data for which I want to find a transfer function. None of the results that I get using "invfreqs" really matches the actual bode plot of the data. Any ideas? I also get the...
7
7

S/W Eng Asks For Intuitive Explanation Of Logic Diagrams Using C Code (And, Or, Min/Max Limiter, One Frame Delay, etc.)
Hello, Can you give me small descriptive examples in the computer language C on how to use the logic gates given on the subject line? I would also like information and code on integators with variable...
6
6

adaptive control
Hi to all, i want free meterial about adaptive control, system identification ,parameter estimation , i saw to purchase a book on these topics but the cost is high thats why iam requesting you all,...
2
2

Replacement to Advantech PCI 1762?
We use an Advantech PCI 1762 ()wich is a PCI card with: 16 actuators to control our 24DC solenoids 16 digital input (only one used) We need more actuators, up to 32. Is there some kind of this PCI...
2
2

Level Instrument for Interface measurement
Hi all, Can anyone give some idea to solve the below issue. We are interested in measuring the Interface level in a closed vessel. We got the idea of using the Radar level instrument for the same....
3
3