Automation Direct PLC/PC Communication

I've successfully queried an Automation Direct 05 PLC via a modbus driver. I can ascertain the state of the inputs/outputs. However, when
I query a 350 PLC I get modbus operation timeouts. Both have inputs starting at 2048 and going up from there. So querying the 350 for the state of input X0 should be the same as querying an 05 for the state of X0.
I'm connecting to both with the same configuration: 9600 baud, 1 stop bit, 8 data bits, odd parity, no flow control.
Any ideas?
FYI for the future:
Port 1 on the 350 doesn't support Modbus, only port 2. On the 05 hardware, both ports support it.

Glad you got it going. Good luck.
Cameron:-)