Help! DeviceNet module

Hello, All,

It's my first time here to post. If it's off topic or you know other sites related to my topic, please let me know.

My question is can somebody share his experience of using DeviceNet modules for Fanuc 90-30? GE Fanuc website provides two DeviceNet modules, one is from Horner Electronics, and another is GE's onwer module. Which one is better in terms of ease of configuration, and reliability? I called GE, and they said Horner's has problems but not offering details. Without comparing anything else, I lean toward Honer's because GE's module requires CIMPLICITY to do the configuration, but I use VersaPro. Horner uses their own software (free with purchase of module) to do that. I don't want to buy CIMPLICITY because I basically only use it once for this special project. I shall thank you for any suggestion and information.

Mike Huang

Reply to
Mike