Need for suggestions on studying ILC

I will take up the ILC research during my next 3 years, please give me some advice on the future, best reference books as well as the
mathematical foundation required.

Advice 1: Let us know what ILC is. Acronyms have a funny way of meaning several things to different people. ILC might be something about Lambda Control, Liquid Chromotography, Lean Combustion, or linear circuits. (Irritating loose cows also fits) Each of these has their own science behind it, and their own mathematics.
Advice 2: Even if you were specific, a newsgroup isn't the best place for general questions before you have at least googled, checked the library, read a few textbooks, etc. You'll get a lot better response if it looks like you've done your homework.
Michael
I am so sorry for I am a totally greenhand of newsgroup, and I am a to-be postgraduate of control theory, and I even don't start the real research work now. ILC means iterative learning control, and I guess ILC may be well-known enough to avoid misunderstanding... I have searched all over the internet via google or so, but I still don't know what is the best way to go into that domain for lack of enough experience... Thanks!
workaholic wrote:

"Well known" in one context may not be well known in others. In the case of Michael and I, at least, it didn't mean anything in particular.

I assume that you're going off to do post graduate work at a specific lab, or you've been hired by a company that's doing this work? If so, don't be afraid to call them and ask. If this weren't cutting edge, why would it need a bunch of guys with PhDs to investigate it? And if it's cutting edge, they shouldn't mind pointing you in the right direction.
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
workaholic wrote:

But not enough to evoke understanding.

When something doesn't turn up on Google at all, you can be fairly certain that it's obscure.
Jerry

Jerry Avins wrote:

A Google of "Iterative Learning Control" turns up about 76K hits.
jeff wrote:

Googling ILC returns nearly 6,000,000 hits, with no obvious relation. I suppose that after wading through http://www.ilc-usa.com /, Independent Learning Centre, International Law Commission, International Linear Collider, Immanuel Lutheran College, and millions of others it might be there, but not prominently.
It is a tendency of many narrowly educated and relatively inexperienced people to believe that the world they know is widely known by others who have related interests. Most of us get over than misconception in time, and I trust that Workaholic will too.
Jerry

proclaimed to the world:

The world seems lonelier when you figure that out.
Jerry Avins wrote:

Use quotation marks as shown. It drops dramatically, but most of the hits look good, although a lot are papers referencing each other, and then there is the whole pay per view industry. I'd like to find a search engine that filters out sites like the IEEE et al. IMO they are worthless as far as a research vehicle since there is no way I am going to pay $25 to look at some paper on the off chance it may have what I am looking for. What really burns me about those types of sites is first, they paid nothing for the original paper, second it costs little to nothing to keep them listed once they are posted, and third, the original author receives nothing from these subsequent sales.
--
jeff

proclaimed to the world:

Do you mean this or are you being flip?
Paul M wrote:

I meant it. Was I wrong?
Jerry

proclaimed to the world:

I don't think so but I know of people that would.
On Dec 4, 3:24 pm, Paul M <PaulMatWiredogdotcom> wrote:

There is quite a lot of info on this subject (and the related one; Repetitive Control). Professor Longman (at Columbia I think) has some good survey papers available. Also, there are some pretty good lecture slides available on the internet. IEEE also has stuff, but you need to have access to the website. If you are a student, your university should have these facilities.
Fred.