Re: Mitsubishi Q PLC &HMI/SCADA

Hi everybody,

> I'm looking for a good HMI/SCADA software capable to work with > Mitsubishi Q series PLCs. Since now I've fought against Citect > but I can't manage to make it write data on the PLC, it can > read but as soon as I try to write something from Citect to the > Q PLC I have a communication error. > > Can somebody give me advice about other HMI/SCADA sw or how to > make Citect get along happily with Mitsu Q PLC? > > Thanks in advance >

Hi,

I have been using a program called E-View. Its from Beijer but avaliable from Mitsubishi. I have found it very easy to use and configure. It comes with comms drivers for all the mitsu range of PLC's plus drivers for all the other popular PLC brands. The VB scripting functions are very versatile and usefull.

If you require some pics or more info, contact me.

sQuick..

Reply to
sQuick..

Citect works very happily with all of the new Mitsubishi PLCs and most of the old ones as well. Have you tried ringing Citect Support?

It sounds like you are possibly trying to write to an invalid register. All Citect drivers come with a "Driver Specification" document that tells you exactly how to configure the driver settings and which registers you can and can't read and write to.

Which Citect Driver are you using? The MELSCQNA one? The Citect web site

mentions that they are doing some testing on this driver, so if you strike problems you will need to ring Citect Support for the latest copy.

Cameron:-)

Reply to
Cameron Dorrough

Our local citect dealer is not very cooperative 'coz we didn't buy a licence yet, we are using a trial version. Strange policy, if they don't help us we'll buy another sw!

Tnx 4 the suggestion, but I have not found any particular restriction in the driver docs.

Yes, I'm using that and I downloaded their latest version (18 june) from the website. I should try 2 communicate with the Citect HQ, but luckily I'll go on holidays for one month ;-)

Reply to
Riccardo Umenta

Very strange.. I have not had that problem over here. Where in the world are you?!? Maybe someone else in your area will be able to help.

Well.. you can't write to input registers for a start. ;-)

If you wish I could find a name of someone at HQ who could help you.

Cameron:-)

Reply to
Cameron Dorrough

I'm in a small european country, btw our local Mitsubishi dealer is trying to help us.

We had the same problem with a Mitsubishi OPC server, the first releases were not able to write onto the PLC. With newer versions of that sw we are not having this problem anymore.

Of course :) I was experimenting with a normal shared memory area, not I/Os.

Many thanks for you support, maybe in the future I might ask you again but 2day I leave the work 4 a one-month holiday and this nice problem will fall on somebody's else desk :)

Thank you again, have a nice day

Reply to
Riccardo Umenta