Re: Mitsubishi Q PLC &HMI/SCADA

Hi,
I have been using a program called E-View. Its from Beijer but avaliable from Mitsubishi. I have found it very easy to use and configure. It comes with comms drivers for all the mitsu range of PLC's plus drivers for all the other popular PLC brands. The VB scripting functions are very versatile and usefull.
If you require some pics or more info, contact me.
sQuick..

Citect works very happily with all of the new Mitsubishi PLCs and most of the old ones as well. Have you tried ringing Citect Support?
It sounds like you are possibly trying to write to an invalid register. All Citect drivers come with a "Driver Specification" document that tells you exactly how to configure the driver settings and which registers you can and can't read and write to.
Which Citect Driver are you using? The MELSCQNA one? The Citect web site (www.citect.com) mentions that they are doing some testing on this driver, so if you strike problems you will need to ring Citect Support for the latest copy.
Cameron:-)

Our local citect dealer is not very cooperative 'coz we didn't buy a licence yet, we are using a trial version. Strange policy, if they don't help us we'll buy another sw!

Tnx 4 the suggestion, but I have not found any particular restriction in the driver docs.

Yes, I'm using that and I downloaded their latest version (18 june) from the website. I should try 2 communicate with the Citect HQ, but luckily I'll go on holidays for one month ;-)

of
Very strange.. I have not had that problem over here. Where in the world are you?!? Maybe someone else in your area will be able to help.

All
you
and
Well.. you can't write to input registers for a start. ;-)

site
driver,
If you wish I could find a name of someone at HQ who could help you.
Cameron:-)

I'm in a small european country, btw our local Mitsubishi dealer is trying to help us.
We had the same problem with a Mitsubishi OPC server, the first releases were not able to write onto the PLC. With newer versions of that sw we are not having this problem anymore.

Of course :) I was experimenting with a normal shared memory area, not I/Os.

Many thanks for you support, maybe in the future I might ask you again but 2day I leave the work 4 a one-month holiday and this nice problem will fall on somebody's else desk :)
Thank you again, have a nice day