Simatic S7-300 Software

Need a copy - does anyone have one they aren't using anymore and would like to sell?
Thanks _________________________________________________________________
JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX
"My hovercraft is full of eels."

like
If you speak nicely to your local Siemens rep, he will give you a copy of the latest version of STEP7 - for free.
You can load and use the software (the usual features anyway) without buying a license - if you can handle the constant reminders to purchase.
Cameron:-)

Well... It's difficult for me to believe that ;-) Can they really give a free copy of their programme?! In Poland too? ;)
best regards, michal

of
It's not really *free* - just a demo version that allows people to trial the software (and program their PLCs) as long as they:
1. Aren't doing anything sophisticated. 2. Are willing to put up with annoying pop-ups on a regular basis, and 3. Are willing for said Siemens rep to pester them to buy on a regular basis.
You get what you pay for ;-) It's certainly an improvement on the bad old days...
Cameron:-)
On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 09:47:36 +1000 "Cameron Dorrough"

Cameron,
I had no idea there was a demo version. I combed the Siemens site and of course no mention was made (s7-200 yes but not above).
I will give that avenue a try - thanks again. _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX
"My hovercraft is full of eels."
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:18:00 -0400, Jeff Givens

Jeff I have protool/pro v6.0 sp1 with proagent. I also have 3 TI435 PLCs in good condition that I salvaged from some machines. The chassis is full of IO and I have the OI panels with them if anyone is interested.
I'm not for sure if ProTools has the software you need in the package. I can check if you do not know.
Be well,
HoP
The preceding message represents personal opinions and/or advice that may prove incorrect or harmful. But then maybe not. Feel free to disregard.
------- Words have no Warranty ------ ------- No View without Merit ------
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:44:05 -0400 HoPpeR trading at 1492

I don't know who/what this package is (I am Siemens illiterate 'cept for some old TI 5xx stuff (Softshop) as well as TISOFT (shudder) and (remember these?) the VPU's. _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX
"My hovercraft is full of eels."
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 02:57:19 -0400 HoPpeR trading at 1492

We do this as a matter of course. Our intellectual property is the program and w/out the descriptions nobody can figure it out as we firmly believe in deliberate obfuscation. Thank you Rockwell.
We have to. Competitors have literally taken our programs and dropped it into their own boxes. _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX
"My hovercraft is full of eels."
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:26:43 -0400, Jeff Givens

And I have reverse engineered a many PLC with the end user footing the bill.

And I understand the need to protect this but by restricting the end user access to the program also causes harm. For one the manufacture becomes almost completely dependent on one company to keep the machine running. I've seen some equipment manufactures abuse that condition and cause there customers to pause before getting into the position at all.
The competitor that stole your programs, Did you sue? This is the proper recourse, not denying the end user code.
You can also have a very stiff penalty built into the contract when a machine is sold.
I know that there are two sides to this. I've had stuff of mine stolen too. I didn't really mind in those cases either.
Be well,
HoP
The preceding message represents personal opinions and/or advice that may prove incorrect or harmful. But then maybe not. Feel free to disregard.
------- Words have no Warranty ------ ------- No View without Merit ------

buying
Hi, Jeff. It's not a true Demo version so you won't find it advertised anywhere.
The latest versions of STEP7 software work in Demo mode if you don't install a software key. Reminders about "can't find license" are the pop-ups I speak of.
Cameron:-)