Latest threads in ⏣ Metalworking Craftshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking For Out Of Print Metal Working Text Books
My son is taking a Plate Fitter course and a couple of the text books he's using are out of print and he would like to get new or used copies for his personal use. If anyone in Canada has the...

Emco Compact 5
FYI.... The discussion group for this lathe/mill system is located at:

CNC lathe but not quite!
Cross-posted "HopsNBarley" wrote in message news: expensive. And part of the hobby to do the job. I really controller with Stepper and error. I would also, is more of a hobbyist
5
5

Re: the sexiest aircraft
Vell, i know about a chap that has one sitting right in his driveway! check out The norwegian F-104G 637 two seat starfighter are under resturation to operational status! And i like the spits too. And...

air compressors
hi which is the best forum for air compressors? ty g

Plasma Cutter - An Expert please!
Hi All, I'm semi retired & take in odd engineering jobs. The latest to come up causes a bit of a problem, I cant do part of it with my existing equipment! The job wont make that much profit, so its...
4
4

Mold Engineering Software & Reference Resource
I have written a piece of software to help mold designers, tooling engineers, moldmaker, toolmakers, and plastics professionals do their work in a faster, easier manner. It is available for a free 5...

What will take oxidation off brass without a lot of elbow grease?
Is there anything that comes in a brush-on or at least spread-on form that will take spots of oxidization/red rot crud off brass without eating the brass itself and does most of the work for you, sort...
42
42

Home Built Aircraft - Alternative Engines - Geo/Suzuki
Home Built Aircraft - Alternative Engines - Geo/Suzuki If you are interested in alternative engines for experimental (Home built) aircraft you are invited to join the flyGeo_uncensored group and learn...

nsk electer gx problem
anyone know how to change the collet on the handpiece-or know about the proper installation of the washers in the nose piece? tia peter

Dyna Mechtronics Forum
Just a quick note and reminder that there is a new Dyna Mechtronics Forum phpBB style at Russ http://www.professorwiz.com/forum/index.php

spiral/helix cutting
I need to cut a spiral onto a silver rod. The sides of the cut can be at 90 degrees/and/or inclined. I envisage this to be done by a lathe (milling machine?). Diameter of rod could be 10-15mm, spacing...

ElectroLESS plating materials supplier in UK
Hi Folks, I'm trying to find a supplier in the UK (or mainland Europe) for ElectroLESS Plating supplies (chemicals). Typically this is used to copper/silver/gold plate objects such as baby shoes etc....

Help with milling setup for novice
Hi, I have recently purchased a vertical milling machine to cut slots in front panels of enclosures for our prototypes. The main 2 jobs are cutting small (10mm x 15mm) slots in 2mm aluminum flat plate...

spindle taper
I have just aquired a jet model 1024 lathe and don't have all the tools. What I need is the dead center that goes into the headstock when turning between centers. The manual says the taper in the...
1
1