Latest threads in ⏣ Metalworking Craftshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hobby Machines
www.hobbyshopcnc,com Thank you
1
1

making a pond cleaning pump
I'm thinking to build a small centrifugal pump to suck in dirts and algae accumulating at the bottom (concrete) of my pond. Commercially available centrifugal pumps are too heavy and too expensive. I...

Welding plug question, cheater adapter
I want ot run my ac welder which has a 50 amp plug, I bought a 50 amp receptacle to adapt to a dryer cord. My question is the the 50 amp plug has 3 wires terminal, 2 hots and ground , the dryer cord...
1
1

looking for brass plates
greetings to all I am looking to purchase brass in the form of 5 inches by 5 inches and 1/8th to 1/4 inch thick. does anyone know where i could find brass in the above mentioned dimensions? thanks...

looking for thred pitch gauge
Hello, I am looking for a thread pitch gauge that will measure metric and standard threads for the most common threads. I cannot seem to find one localy and searhing the web turns up very little. What...

Metal Finishing Forum looking for members
Sorry for the "spam" type nature of this post, but some of you might be interested in this. An online forum dedicated to polishing, powder coating, painting, anodizing, plating and other forms of...

Need gig
Hey folks, Am new to the NYC area and am looking to join a working metal band. My influences are Maiden, Preist and Ozzy. Not so into black, grind and thrash but will consider if right opportunity. I...
3
3

Sculpture Master

CNC Milling Machines.... Any Suggestions???
I'm considering building or buying a small, desktop CNC machine. I want it for machining gears and sprockets out of wood - but also to do some light machining. I have taken CNC classes in College...

1950's lamp questions
I am looking for a source (wholesale preferred) for raw fiberglass sheets. Such as those used to make lamp shades in the 1950's. I want to make some custom shades for some metal lamps I am going to...

Welding and Machine Tool References
I have found two useful reference documents from the US Army. (I have downloaded them on to a CD-ROM and have printed copies too. If anyone is interested I maybe able to send copies.) WELDING THEORY...
1
1

ER 20 Collets
I've seen a set of "ER 20 Collets" in an auction. What does "ER" stand for? Would they fit a Myford ML7 lathe? Regards, John

Does anyone know how G.P.I. thread sizes are arrived at?
Does anyone know how G.P.I. thread sizes are arrived at? They seem to be used especially in the bottling closure market with such results as: 24/410, 36/400, 28/415 It seems that the digits preceding...
1
1

what means DIN74-Af2
*** post for FREE via your newsreader at *** What means DIN74-Af2 -----= Posted via Uncensored Usenet News =----- - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! -...

Making homemade tooth braces. - don't laugh :- )
I like to build my own stainless steel or silver teeth braces because I love building medical devices for personal use. I was inform by a grade school teacher 15 years ago that my teeth is overdue for...
2
2