Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

voltage spike
My electric utility shut my power off for 10 minutes to change a cable on a pole. I was not home. When I returned about 2 hours later my computer sounded like it was on but I knew I had shut it off...
3
3

Power Grid Synchronization and Reactive Power
Hi, Once a generator is connected/synchronized to a grid and everything is running normally. Can there be a reverse reactive power flow from the grid to the generator? What would happen in cases of...
21
21

fluorescent light question
In old style long fluorescent tubes, you had the tube plus the starter & the choke/ballast. What's happened to the starter & the choke/ballast in the current compact models? Also I had heard that the...
19
19

Analyze the 1090 MHz channel and simulation with ns-2
Hi all ! I have to analyze the capacity of the 1090 MHz channel used by airplanes' transponders to transmit/receive air traffic surveillance services (such like ADS-B and TIS-B). ADS-B (Automatic...
2
2

Motor Coil Design
Hey Can somebody tell me, how Poles are formed inside the motor with the windings?
6
6

can you help how to interface adc kit with microprocessor kit PLEASE!
I have 8 bit resolution ADC kit which has 8 channels and 8086 microprocessor kit. Now i want the microprocessor to processor digital data output from the ADC. My problem is I don't know how to make...
2
2

POWER System design & simulation.
Hi. I m in search of THE BEST way to design and simulate the electrical power systems. Can anyone, kindly, guide me through the best software or stuff that could help me. Thank u very much.
6
6

I Need buck-boost 18volts@12 amp Converter
Hi Guys, I need to boost and regulate a cars power system from 11.5 v (drained batt) to 15 volts input (max alt. charging), to a regulated 14~18 volts @ 10~12 amps, about 140~200 watts. I cant find a...
4
4

Tire pressure alarms
The local TV news announced that all new cars sold in US after this summer would include built-in devices to warn about low tire pressure: more automotive electronics. I found a paper by NHTSA that...
10
10

FET circuit to switch power to IC?
A 555 circuit running from battery power needs to be turned on and off. A switch for this purpose cannot be added due to lack of space. The "on" signal will be from an existing momentary pb switch...
32
32

Can I run this with a rotary phase converter I use on my Bridgeport mill?
Hi folks, new to the group (as of today). I have a machine (grinder) that has the below tag on it. can I run this with a rotary phase converter. As it is now, I have a 230m outlet that runs to a...
2
2

PowerPlot v2.5 for ETAP 4.0
Hi everyone.... I have ETAP 4.0.0.c software....and i want to run relay coordination with powerplot v2.5...but i can't...because i don't have the button....can you help me to solve this problem ? or...
1
1

Make your own mig with batteries and inductor ?
Hi chaps, Looking to do some mig welding but only have single phase power which means I wont be able to generate the currents needed for aluminium 3" plate. ie. Somewhere around the 150 to 200Amp...
5
5

Failed Circuit Breaker?
All the downstairs lighting in my house has failed. It is all on the one circuit breaker. When I checked the circuit breaker in the box. It was still in the open/on position. Is it possible for a...
5
5

Cooling performance with 2 fans?
I've got a piece of lab test equipment that's about 30 years old. The cooling fan is very loud and I'm looking for ways to quiet it down. I measure the fan's noise at 53dB (using A-weighted dB meter...
22
22