Any cheap GSM OEM module?

Hello!
I want to start a project that has been in my mind for some time, and I
need a GSM oem module to remotely send messages to my controller. I
only need it to decode DTMF, not real modem features, but this wouldn't
bother. I need it to be very easy to integrate and cheap, because it is a project for myself and I cannot waste too much, just in case it doesn't
work...
Thanks in advance!

Not enough info about interfaces you require. There are GSM phone modules which present a standard exchange line interface so you can connect standard phone equipment (such as a PABX or alarm system) via GSM.
Another option might be an old GSM phone with PC interconnect kit.

Look for a second-hand one.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Hello Andrew!
I didn't give any detail because I don't know what I can find in the market. Basicly, it would be some device with a SIM adapter, and with a serial port. The serial port would link to my microcontroller. So, I could send commands like, "dial number ####", "hang up", and receive data like "KEY 2 pressed" (with DTMF from the other side). I think I don't need a complete hayes modem, I will only be using the audio "channel", not any digital transmission. The real project has something to deal with remotely controlling things in my house from another place via GSM, and using the keypad to send commands.
I hope I have explained well.
Thansk! Edu.
Andrew Gabriel ha escrito:

Look at this company's products, they have a GSM option.
http://www.tixi.com/index.php?id78&L=1

I have definitly decided to use the Sony-Ericsson GR-47 module. It seems easy to use, it can host my own program (so I can avoid using an external microcontroller in most uses), and it is quite cheap (100 euros here in Spain).
Thanks for all the advices! Regards. Edu
Bob Ferapples ha escrito:

Some possibilities:
http://www.data-connect.com/Data_Remote_Products.htm
http://www.multitech.com/PRODUCTS/Categories/Device_Networking /
if you need a secure service to access field modules:
http://www.crossbridgesolutions.com /
Bill Kaszeta Photovoltaic Resources Int'l Tempe Arizona USA snipped-for-privacy@pvri-removethis.biz