how to bypass dremel tool internal variable speed control?

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 21:43:09 -0500, "Gerard Schildberger"

And if the copper blow pipe is grounded to the chassis? Gerry :-)} London, Canada
krw wrote: <snip>

Proper ESD controls should always be in place during disassembly and repair; the airstream is really not an issue. Compressed air cleaning is standard practice in computer and electronic equipment maintenance; excess moisture in the airstream is often a problem however when dryers are absent.
Regards,
Michael

Low pressure air is standard procedure for cleaning out computers that are in normal dusty condition, and after fires and disasters, computers were routinely cleaned with a type of "dishwasher" with a speacial cleaner, then vacuum baked dry.
Today's computers ( and almost all consumer electronis) are cheap enough that replacement is almost as low cost as salvaging.

snyder.on.ca says...

130PSI @ 10CFM is not "low pressure". I see all sorts of "standard procedures" go on by monkeys with screwdrivers.

Routinely? Mine never have been. I know the Tek stuff mentioned earlier is designed not to trap solvents and the gunk they leave behind.

I'll agree there. If it's going to get that dirty in a couple of years, perhaps one ought to clean house a little more often. OTOH, I learned not to put towers directly on the floor. They make good cat-hair vacuums.
--
Keith

Indeed. I used to put my stuff on the floor in order to gain a
little extra desk space, but after seeing the air intakes turn black
snipped-for-privacy@austininstruments.com says...

No matter how big my desk is (or how many) there is never enough space on it[*]. I generally put the towers on a shelf beside the desk. Even a foot off the ground is enough to keep them from constantly vacuuming the floor.
[*] It seems seems to be a fundamental law of the universe that all horizontal surfaces will be full of stuff.
--
Keith

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 07:40:47 -0700, Smitty Two

Check the front of the refrigerator. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Then, thank God for magnetism, too. d8-)
-- Ed Huntress
On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 16:25:27 -0400, "Ed Huntress"

Thank god for a lot of things...
says...

or the kitchen floor would be full of stuff. ;-)
--
Keith

Neaver heard of a pressure regulator, I assume?

I said in disaster recovery situations. After a flood or fire, for instance. Have you ever had a computer go through a fllood or a fire???
Several customers of mine were in the disaster cleanup business. They ROUTINLELY clead computers and electronics i this way.

I alwys recommend at least 4 inches off the floor. Again, you SELECTIVELY read. The "dishwasher" was used for cleanup after fire and flood damage.
One of the WORST culprits for screwing up electronis today is CIGARETTE SMOKE.

snyder.on.ca says...

I guess they haven't. Static *is* still a problem.

No, but if it ever were I'd simply salvage the data off the disk and replace the hardware. I can't believe anyone would spend real money to salvage *cheap* hardware, particularly an insurance company.

Not that I don't believe you, but...

Shouldn't be too bad today. Twenty years ago, when people smoked in office buildings... Even so, hardware is cheap. Labor isn't.
--
Keith

    [ ... ]

    Including the labor of re-entering or re-creating lost data. Of course, proper backup procedures can minimize this.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
says...

If the data is already lost, the repair tech isn't going to bring it back without a lot of heroics and luck. The bottom line is: don't lose data. It doesn't come back.
--
Keith

    [ ... ]

    Sometimes -- if the data has been entered from dead tree form, it may still be around and can be re-entered. And if it is calculated data from existing input -- that also can be re-calculated.
    But that costs a lot more (in time) than proper backups. :-)
    Enjoy,         DoN.
says...

130 PSI? I usually set mine to around 40 PSI for blowing dust off things. Any decent compressor will have a variable pressure regulator.
James Sweet wrote:

I prefer to put a mini regulator and gauge by whatever tool I'm using, to get a constant pressure.
prove it.
krw wrote:

If you install a bigger fan it will either remove all of the cat's hair, or suck it into the computer. ;-)
prove it.

I don't think there's room for my cat inside my computer ;-)
--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11
charles wrote:

One of my tower cases HAD to sit on the desk, because it was taller than the desk. It had 12 drive bays, and room for several cats.
prove it.