New audiophile device brought to our attention

Save your pennies! ic: (note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

Reply to
SparkyGuy

I love these things. This one's website has a free mp3 download of the burn-in signal. I listened to it several times. Now my hearing is completely burned-in and everything sounds newer, fresher, brighter, broaderer, warmer and definitely more tubular. I'm thrilled!

Reply to
Roy W. Rising

What's cool is that they give you a CD with the output of that device recorded on it. Once you have that, what do you need the device for?

Reply to
Tobiah

Because using the generator prevents "burn-out" of your CD player? Isn't "burn-out" what happens when you do too much "burn-in"?

Reply to
Richard Crowley

I could still buy a cheap CD player to 'sacrifice' to the job for less money than the device. Not that I am considering for a moment that there would be any benefit to piping that signal through any of my equipment.

Reply to
Tobiah

Do they make one for fiber optic cables?

;-P

Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

I think "Politically Incorrect" needs to add them to his product line.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

I'm just about to market my audio accupunkture kit, which allows you to treat the bends in cables. like fiberoptics, if you have a bend in the cable the electrons on the outer curve have to move faster, so I equalise the cable monopolastic structure. Make MP3s sound as good as the original Bittormment download.

You have to specify the sample rate of the cable, before purchase

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

The CD is, of course, digital, and does not have the same effect as the real device. Well, it does, sort of, but you miss out on all the bits BETWEEN the digital samples....

geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Anybody remember the guy who was selling a CD composed of *analog dither*?

Reply to
Arny Krueger

Sure. It's similar to a house, which has to burn up before it burns down.

Reply to
krw

I wonder if Presto (makers of the deep fryer of the same name) know about this? Wonder what their legal department might say?

Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.

Reply to
ranck

This is hardly new. Cable burn-in devices have been around for close to 20 years.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Even more important: How well will this work on my 8-track?

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

You need 4 of them to fully do it justice.

geoff

Reply to
Geoff

I'm wondering if the engineer that made this gizmo will put it on his resume?

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Does it whiten your teeth, too?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It's only good for the first seven tracks, so choose your tapes accordingly.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Oddly enough, Hagerman (presumably the designer of this gadget) has made some more-than-decent, well-designed and cost-effective phono preamp designs over the years. Wonder what happened.

Peace, Paul

Reply to
Paul Stamler

Probably. During college, I designed and built and ambience and presence meter. It didn't do anything useful but was quite impressive with all the switches, 10 turn pots, meters, flashing lights, b&w coil, and warning labels plastered all over the minibox. I would walk around running vague "tests" which were great for getting me into places where I really didn't belong. Act preoccupied and keep your eyes on the meters, and you can go almost anywhere. When I eventually threw together a resume, I needed some filler, so I added a few lines on the ambience and presence meter. During subsequent interviews, I could tell which engineers and managers had a clue if they asked what the hell I was actually measuring.

Anyway, I like the idea of the audio conditioner. It probably doesn't do much for the electronics, but perhaps the suspension in my loudspeakers could use some loosening up.

Tune in, turn on, burn out.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann