New audiophile device brought to our attention

<http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html
Save your pennies! ic: (note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

I love these things. This one's website has a free mp3 download of the burn-in signal. I listened to it several times. Now my hearing is completely burned-in and everything sounds newer, fresher, brighter, broaderer, warmer and definitely more tubular. I'm thrilled!
--
~
~ Roy
message wrote:

Anybody remember the guy who was selling a CD composed of *analog dither*?

I wonder if Presto (makers of the deep fryer of the same name) know about this? Wonder what their legal department might say?
Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.
"Roy W. Rising" wrote:

Does it whiten your teeth, too?
prove it.
SparkyGuy wrote:

What's cool is that they give you a CD with the output of that device recorded on it. Once you have that, what do you need the device for?

"Tobiah" wrote ...

Because using the generator prevents "burn-out" of your CD player? Isn't "burn-out" what happens when you do too much "burn-in"?
Richard Crowley wrote:

I could still buy a cheap CD player to 'sacrifice' to the job for less money than the device. Not that I am considering for a moment that there would be any benefit to piping that signal through any of my equipment.

Sorry but you need an audiophile CD player to play the CD. The texture, soundstage, chromatic balance and realism will all be attenuated with a cheap player and result in a biased burn-in. Don't forget to put green marker around the edge of the CD while you are at it so restless photons don't mess things up.

Wasn't that seepage problem cured by the miraculous Black CD ?
On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:20:40 -0700, in sci.electronics.design "Richard

I'm just about to market my audio accupunkture kit, which allows you to treat the bends in cables. like fiberoptics, if you have a bend in the cable the electrons on the outer curve have to move faster, so I equalise the cable monopolastic structure. Make MP3s sound as good as the original Bittormment download.
You have to specify the sample rate of the cable, before purchase
Martin
says...

Sure. It's similar to a house, which has to burn up before it burns down.
--
Keith

Tobiah wrote:

The CD is, of course, digital, and does not have the same effect as the real device. Well, it does, sort of, but you miss out on all the bits BETWEEN the digital samples....
geoff
SparkyGuy wrote:

Do they make one for fiber optic cables?
;-P
--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:

Even more important: How well will this work on my 8-track?
Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

You need 4 of them to fully do it justice.
geoff
"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:

It's only good for the first seven tracks, so choose your tapes accordingly.
prove it.

I think "Politically Incorrect" needs to add them to his product line.
Charles Perry P.E.
This is hardly new. Cable burn-in devices have been around for close to 20 years.

I'm wondering if the engineer that made this gizmo will put it on his resume?
D from BC