New audiophile device brought to our attention

Come on, Jeff. Everyone in the field of electronics knows a gullibility meter when they see one.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yeah, but you can do that with a filament transformer.

Peace, Paul

Reply to
Paul Stamler

Originally posted to alt.electrical.engineering but deserving a larger audience:

bud--

Sure, but it's boring. I'd rather listen to Jaco Pastorius records for a similar effect.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

such a killer "app", jest kant do wit out it! itz da godz on-es trooth, the worldz a better plaze cuz of gajets like this,

(at least for the marketing guys!)

weed heads and crak snorters will dvert their cash to get these, i am sure!

how fast can the asians crank these out, since they now loosin the lead paint war against us! ;-))

Reply to
HapticZ

Just make sure it doesn't play a lot of 8Hz, or *you'll* be the one loosened up! ;o)

Tim

Tim Williams

"Michael A. Terrell" hath wroth:

I also built a virginity meter in college, but this is a family newsgroup, so I won't go there.

The ambience and presence meter had a practical basis. In the 1960's, the various magazines (Popular Electronics, Radio Electronics, etc) had discovered hi-fi. Articles on the topic were epidemic and interest was high. Many of the articles used superlatives that defied definition and measurement. "The amplifier has a velvet texture to the strings", was typical. Ambience and presence were mentioned so often in these articles, that I decided it was time to cash in and build a suitable measurement instrument. The plan was to supply a line of similar instruments, suitable for mass consumption. My friends and advisors universally agreed that it was a terrible idea, which provided the necessary incentive. I wasn't quite sure what it was going to actually measure, but that could be worked on after I designed the package. As with all my great ideas, I ran out of time, money, interest, or something, and never progressed beyond the initial prototype.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Looks like I over estimated your sense of humor. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Rane spoofs themselves -

Check out the bass on this preamp -
Regulate that Resonance! -

Lumpy

You were the Tidy Bowl Guy? Yes. I'm cleaning your bathroom bowl.

Lumpy

Sorry but you need an audiophile CD player to play the CD. The texture, soundstage, chromatic balance and realism will all be attenuated with a cheap player and result in a biased burn-in. Don't forget to put green marker around the edge of the CD while you are at it so restless photons don't mess things up.

Reply to
jwvm

Nothing's changed then.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

"jwvm" wrote in...

Wasn't that seepage problem cured by the miraculous Black CD ?

Reply to
David Morgan (MAMS)

Bwuahahahaha! Funny.

Mmmm... OK

Bwuahahahaha! And to think... they are NOT spoofing themselves!

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

oboy oboy oboy, i jes gotta get sum uf dem!

i use my food muney to get dem if need be!

i'll be da only one in da neybor hud wit it and be the king of the blok!

sheesh, i wonder if Burma/Myanmar can supply enough heroin to substantiate all this acoustic behavior?

Reply to
HapticZ

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

If everyone knew, the meter wouldn't work.

Reply to
Carey Carlan

He realised there were an awful lot of gullible audiophools out there that had money to spend?

Phildo

Reply to
Phildo

Like I said. It is a worthless piece of shit designed merely to suck cash away from utter idiots. It is 100% useless, and contains *maybe* $20 worth of parts, and that is on the low volume price schedule.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored