Slightly OT: Cool video

canadian_woodworker

That is one cool video. Where did this happen? Was it by design, a test, or a fault?

Reply to
electrician

On 6 Mar 2006 16:10:08 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@electrician.com Gave us:

Jeez... that is old. It even got snipped. I believe it was when one phase of a still hot three phase line was opened up. That is how big a "switch" is in an HV "switchyard".

I should post that one and some others up on alt.binaries.misc

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Yea, its rare someone ever gets a "first" post of a video. That said ive seen plenty of videos, and this one was new, and I thought it was relevant in this group.

If you could post the full vidoe, Id love to see it! :) (and hear more about what is actually happening there)

Reply to
canadian_woodworker

On 7 Mar 2006 19:33:12 -0800, canadian snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Gave us:

It is only about two seconds longer where the two guys standing in the foreground (you did see them right?) said something about it with expletives IIRC. They are only about an eight inch tall in the video. Look close, and if you do see them, you will get a sense of scale for the whole thing.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

It and several other cool clips and pictures are at:

.

There is one not there that I can't find now is a clip of an electrical short circuit in some factory or something being fed by 3 BIG pole pigs. The cables from the pole to the building were dancing around and shooting puffs of smoke, and of course the fire itself.

Reply to
Michael Moroney