The perils of "search & replace" in documentation.

We still use 'em in our lab. Shims.
--
- Doctroid Doctroid Holmes
It's too confused to make sense, so let's make nonsense.

0.026" each.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 19:46:28 -0400, Doctroid wrote:

If you didn't, don't worry. I earned two and only got one, so it all evens out in the end.
http://users.bestweb.net/~notr/arkville.html "I felt like I was in a ¬R demented Wallace Stevens poem, with food poisoning." Spalding Gray
Add pictures here
✖

Oh and theres Tony Deluca, the designer of the underwater cathode-ray tube.

Add pictures here
✖

Do you have even a single shred of evidence to support your apparently heartfelt conviction that Adam, oTTo, and I are electrical engineers, or are you just making things up as you go along?
Add pictures here
✖

Yes and No. Your post went to alt.engineering.electrical, alt.religion.kibology, and alt.english.usage. Note that the third of those is alt.english.usage, so Mark is correct. If you want to post only to alt.engineering.electrical, edit your list of newsgroups to point to only that one.
Bill
---------------------------------------------------------------- Reverse parts of the user name for my e-address
Add pictures here
✖

Only off by three letters...
One of which would have been the non-existent letter of recommendation.
Add pictures here
✖

http://imdb.com/title/tt0069280 /
Add pictures here
✖
Mark Edwards wrote:

No cluons were harmed when Otto Bahn wrote:

Now waitaminute. Then WHO was Francis Bacon? Mmmmm! Bacon.
Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:02:35 -0700, JackShephard

Um . . . yeah. That's what he said. Kind of difficult for Steinbeck to write "Slaughterhouse Five" when he's dead and all.

Who was?

Hollywood should make more movies out of Steinbeck novels. Why just "Slaughterhouse Five" and not one of the others?
Add pictures here
✖
Doctroid wrote:

That was David Helfgott.
--

"Truth matters, God doesn't & life sucks."

-- House, M.D.
✖
On 2007-06-12, Otto Bahn wrote:

Yes, Ingmar Steinbeck wrote a number of those D&D-type novels, before Operation Sundevil.
--
NO CARRIER

Add pictures here
✖
ehsjr wrote:

Would you care to explain the basis of your hypercorrection? I understand that you might have some difficulty, since you are without any doubt completely wrong.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:30:27 -0400, Bill McCray

Thanks for the helpful hint, Bill (if that is you're real name). I assure you that I was quite aware of the differences when I posted, and quite aware that you were posting from the U.S.

Particularly on a global communication medium such as the Usernet (TM), your use of the UK conventions is unremarkable, except when accompanied by a usage flame and name-calling, idiot.
Add pictures here
✖
On 2007-06-08, JackShephard wrote:

He put it in "90s" instead (conservation of mass).
(What do you want from someone who doesn't know how to post in the right order and in plain text?)
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

A popular urban legend (truthfulness unknown) is someone wanted to make sure a financial report was politically correct and they did a global search and replace. The result was that a profitable company was described as being "in the African-American".
Add pictures here
✖