The perils of "search & replace" in documentation.

What's a "funatic"?

If you say it's a portmanteau that combines "fundametalist" with "lunatic" to wacky effect, I'll be obligated to ask you which AM talk-radio host first sent that delicious shiver down your spine by using it.

Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote

IBYM: "You are swimming in a steaming bowl of fukk."

Me and my memes...

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

I assumed it was a portmanteau of "fun" and "lunatic".

Is "fundametalist" a heavy metal fundamentalist?

Reply to
Adam Funk

Um, I think you misheard that. It's actually "down in Bur Sa'id."

¬R
Reply to
Glenn Knickerbocker

It's always about your personal "brown sugar" isn't it?

Reply to
Dan

This is not a response from dank. It has a small fragment of real humor in it.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew L. Martin

Your point?

When were the divorce papers served?

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew L. Martin

Thumbs twiddling, cold water mixed with hot Clicking with your mouse, wondering when it's gonna stop

Thanks, Don

Reply to
Don Salad

FREE MONEY!

The ending of the film "The Magic Christian".

You are standing in a vat of nasty substances!

Do NOT dive for the cash!

Reply to
Spurious Response

It looks to me like a combination of "fundamentalist" and "fanatic". It could also just be a case of spelling "fanatic" is it is pronounced (at least by most of those I hear say it).

This leads to another question: Why does "fanatic" have an accent on the second syllable, but "lunatic" has it on the first and third?

Bill

---------------------------------------------------------------- Reverse parts of the user name and ISP name for my e-address

Reply to
Bill McCray

That imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I guess.

About the time I asked one too many dumb questions that I wouldn't be asking if I knew what a pain in the ass it is to be a woman.

Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson

Well, you don't have to get all fanatical about it. You can get lunatical, however, if you like.

There... that equalizes them.

Reply to
Spurious Response

Please, this is a fambly BBS!

The new sign in the gym locker room:

+-----------------+ | | | Please watch | | your | | LANGUAGE, | ("LANGUAGE" is in red) | this is a child | | friendly area | | | | Thank you | | | +-----------------+
Reply to
Adam Funk

"Adam Funk" wrote

I'm watching my LANGUAGE right now! Damn, lookit that little proverb go!

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

"little proverb" is a funny nickname for your... Never mind!

Thanks, Don

Reply to
Don Salad

"Don Salad" wrote