The perils of "search & replace" in documentation.

wrote:

Maybe... but do you understand why I might?

Is that a sentence <sic>?

Right, as someone said, it was Steinbeck.
Loved your work on "60 Minutes", by the way.
--
- Doctroid Doctroid Holmes
It's too confused to make sense, so let's make nonsense.

I don't really care who wrote what; I was commenting on the lousy syntax.

I've got at least two minutes left in me.

A 2-minute man, huh? Not really something you ought to be advertising.
wrote

Size matters.

It ain't the meat, it's the motion. -unknown
Live it, or live with it... -some lady in '69
The devil made me wear this dress... -Flip Wilson

A working class hero is something to be... -John Lennon
The word for today is:
STAMINA!
Mark Wallace wrote:

Everyone complains about taxes.
--

"Truth matters, God doesn't & life sucks."

-- House, M.D.

Well, sure after you go adding an extra claus to the end.
--oTTo--
wrote

I don't need to add an "extra" clause to "It was Kurt Vonnegut"; the "extra" clause is implicitly implied.
There does not exist a clause that begins with "It was Kurt Vonnegut" that does not require a dependent clause (whether expressed or derived from what has already been said). It is not self-contained or absolute.
If you can describe a situation where "He was Kurt Vonnegut" can be used to open a declarative concourse, instead of "It was Kurt Vonnegut", please let me know. You will have discovered something new about the English language, that billions of users before you did not know.
By the way, you need a comma after "sure", and an 'e' at the end of "claus".
Why do I even bother talking to these people?
Oh. Because Robbie's on sabbatical.
Bloody lazy shysters! Why can you never find one, when you need one?

After being all pissed off about others' usage, you call this crap proper? I say... bloody bullshit.
message

I say that's perfectly good English.
Not read much Shakespeare, eh?

Maybe for you, but "He was Kurt Vonnegut" works for most people.

And spelling flames to boot!
--oTTo--
wrote

It is meaningless without the context of what you call the "extra" clause -- which happens to be the part of the sentence that gives the sentence its meaning.

You are posting to alt.english.usage. If you can't take the heat...

I'm pretty sure his computer does it automatically. You should probably back off.
wrote

His computer automatically takes the heat? Most people use air conditioners or fridges for that.

Why? Did you wire it up for him?

My _computer_ does that for me automatically. I'm posting to alt.engineering.electrical.

Are you trying to threaten me with a gun or something? As if!
--oTTo--
wrote

See the "To" line, near the top of the window, when you're composing a message? That is where *you* are posting to.

No, I'm just pleased to see you.

I hit the "Reply Group" button. If I wanted it to crosspost, I'd tell it to.

Not my type, but thanks.
--oTTo--

There's no "To" line on my screen. Do you mean the one that says "Email To:"?
I can't decide if you are tryin to be funny or if you don't really understand how chat rooms work. I'm leaning toward the ladder.