The perils of "search & replace" in documentation.

What temperature? What scale?

I was a CS major a year before it was offered. My work study program had me as an insultant in the keypunch archipelago. There is nothing like "helping" a Civil Engineering professor with four, two thousand card trays of FORTRAN snow melt model.

He showed me multiple pages of FORTRAN, explaining as he went. Then he stood bolt upright, said "Oh! SHIT!!!" and disappeared.

Earned my money that day, I did.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew L. Martin

If you didn't, don't worry. I earned two and only got one, so it all evens out in the end.

"I felt like I was in a ¬R demented Wallace Stevens poem, with food poisoning." Spalding Gray

Reply to
Glenn Knickerbocker

A lass, a lad.

A Lassie, Aladdin.

Chuzzah!

Reply to
Tonto Goldstein

Toga, N.V.

Reply to
Tonto Goldstein

Ah, The Goon Show!

Reply to
Tonto Goldstein

If'n yer gonna psot from AUE y'all rawlly should call it a "programme", what with bein' Englysshe, and all.

Reply to
Tonto Goldstein

Tralfamador is a place in "Slaughterhouse Five", the title of the story we were discussing in this thread.

Trafalgar has nothing to do with the discussion in this thread.

So my question stands, and it is directed at you.

My answer to your question is "Of course I know what we are discussing here.".

You apparently still do not.

Reply to
JackShephard

That should have been "Is speaking to natives..." as in the form of a question, nothing to do with "I" speaking to natives (totally incorrect grammar).

But it was a joke about the way the poster worded the remark.

Reply to
JackShephard

Bwuahahahahahaha!

All those cards and what do they mean today?

I wear two 4GB thumb drives around my neck, and have a 12GB FLAC - OGG player that dangles there as well.

Won't be long, I'll have a Dick Tracy styled video cell phone on my wrist. I was reading comic strips when you were punching out FORTRAN cards!

Give me an HD DVD ROM burner any day!

Send me to Mars and give me a data stream and a disc burner, and I'll be able to watch fresh movies throughout my trip!

The world has indeed come a long way... or not...

It's all relative.

Reply to
JackShephard

There no "Toga" city in the state of North Virginia.

Mark Edwards

Reply to
Mark Edwards

We still use 'em in our lab. Shims.

Reply to
Doctroid

You seem to think that authors only go to places that exist in their fictional creations. I can't help wondering what fictional work you believe this discussion to be taking place in.

¬R / "We know the difference between good and bad corn early in life and / have the confidence that comes from such discernment." Chris Squire
(of Ontario's *London Free Press*)
Reply to
Glenn Knickerbocker

0.026" each.
Reply to
JackShephard

I never stated that we were "in" a fictional work here. I remarked about WHAT we were discussing here, not that "here" was some place mentioned in what we were discussing.

You need help, son.

Reply to
JackShephard

Is No. 6 "Profit!"?

(I need to know for a prospectus.)

Reply to
Adam Funk

You get paid for this?

Reply to
Adam Funk

For loose dongles, or table legs?

Reply to
Adam Funk

One just cannot go 'round with one's dongles loose.

Reply to
JackShephard

...Except that by now it does.

Dave "obC.Music: Feeeed the birrrds! Tuppence a baaaag!" DeLaney

Reply to
David DeLaney

...If we were discussing WHAT ... wouldn't we be on second base by now?

Dave "some of us'ns may be beyond help" DeLaney

Reply to
David DeLaney