The perils of "search & replace" in documentation.

Oh, the extra-thick and absorbent one's back.

Yes, I do have evidence. Next question.

Reply to
Mark Wallace

Beauty is Macs, and Macs beauty; that is all we know, and all we need to know.

ifypfy

Dave

Reply to
David DeLaney

That wouldn't work in the US. Try "appliancement computationalisticwise".

Reply to
Mark Wallace

Why do you hate the United States (U.S.)?

Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson

Nice.

Macs suck, though.

Reply to
Mark Wallace

I believe we'll file this one under "I Meant To Do That." Any objections?

Next Up: I Knew It All Along.

Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson

Yes, at least one more: How much longer do you suppose I can continue to goad you into showing off your giant brane by "correcting" what everyone else understands to be obvious nonsense?

Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson

Yes you did. You omitted half the sentence.

I hope those a.e.u nerds don't jump all over you for that phrase, sparky. They don't understand what not being a native speaker is like.

Reply to
Doctroid

Objection, your honor. Clearly this meets the criteria to be classified under Item 6, Category 2: "No, *I* trolled *you*".

Reply to
Doctroid

"Bill McCray" wrote

That would four times now, Mr. Smartypants.

No, "civilized people" is.

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

I sit corrected. In fact, my learned colleague, you have reminded me that the following is the usual sequence of utterances:

  1. "No, I trolled *you*".

  1. "That part where I looked like a pompous ass scurrying here and there intent on correcting what everyone else understood to be obvious nonsense? So that I could show off my ginormous brane? I meant to do that."

  2. "I knew it all along."

  1. "You're no longer worth my time. I'm out of here."

  2. "One other thing . . ."
Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson

"Mark Wallace" wrote

I find hard to believe anyone could think we're this stupid, Mark old chap.

At least he's a happy fish.

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

"Mark Wallace" wrote in

You ever watch Star Trek?

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

"Doctroid" wrote

Sustained.

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

The first three were destroyed by terrorists while under construction, and the fourth vanished in front of witnesses only 24 hours after being opened.

Reply to
John W. Kennedy

Who is standing there?

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew L. Martin

Yes and No. Your post went to alt.engineering.electrical, alt.religion.kibology, and alt.english.usage. Note that the third of those is alt.english.usage, so Mark is correct. If you want to post only to alt.engineering.electrical, edit your list of newsgroups to point to only that one.

Bill

---------------------------------------------------------------- Reverse parts of the user name for my e-address

Reply to
Bill McCray

I placed an ellipsis to indicate where I had omitted words. The words I omitted are those that I thought were causing the poster* of the paragraph under discussion to mistakenly use "us" rather than "we". I left the original paragraph in the post so it would be obvious what had been replaced by the ellipsis.

Oops. Make that "I left it out of what I wrote so you ...". I either did too much editting or not enough before posting. BTW, I am one of those a.e.u nerds and am proud of it. That's why I'm try to help the original poster* understand why "us" is wrong as he or she used it.

  • I hesitate to address him as "Kevin", since he accused me of calling him names the last time I did that, although that is the name that appears on his posts.

Bill

---------------------------------------------------------------- Reverse parts of the user name for my e-address

Reply to
Bill McCray

Aieee, the loop has expanded! Now I have to say "No, Who's on first!". Alas.

Dave "tenser said the tensor" DeLaney

Reply to
David DeLaney

Tick, Tock.