The perils of "search & replace" in documentation.

Elision. But you'd have preferred "Billoddieism"? Bill Oddie is a Brit tellyperson.

Reply to
Mike Lyle

I see the difficulty. I suppose "billoddity" would be equally impenetrable to the ignorant. No problem at all for the clued-in, though; so I must simply go and educate myself.

I see he was born in Rochdale. I myself stepped over several human turds in the stairwells of Rochdale, in the heady days of the seventies when it was still a downtown Toronto "student" drug co-op, and not yet the Senator David A.Croll Apartments.

No, wait, that didn't come out right. The stairwells are my most vivid memory of the place, is all. No disrespect intended to Mr. Oddie, at least until I have tracked down and viewed some of his work.

Reply to
CDB

Quit insulting our president, you Islamist-Fascist!

So you're not an engineer, Marky? BTW, "Sparks" is what your Grampa called a naval radio operator. Real engineers are called "Casey."

-- Chris McG. Harming humanity since 1951. "Uh-oh. Looners." -- Darla

Reply to
Chris McGonnell

CDB wrote: [...]

There's no rush. On his own, he's a harmless and really quite pleasant and knowledgeable presenter of wildlife progs. Unfortunately, for a nice concept called "Springwatch" and "Autumnwatch" they put him in a team, whereupon he becomes possessed of a jealous Devil, and will do anything to distract attention from the other presenters. Half the audience thinks this is funny, and the other half resents its effect on the quality of the programmes. The fatuous gigglers, as usual, win.

Reply to
Mike Lyle

Your president?

I have no idea where you are.

Do you mean the Texan?

If you feel I have insulted him, and it matters to you, then I apologise, but I feel that it is impossible to insult such a person.

You can't trust the Jones boys; they never pay for their sandwiches. Not even on Thursday.

Reply to
Mark Wallace

"JackShephard" wrote

YHBT is the most common, but also YHL, HTH and HAND.

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

"JackShephard" wrote

Are you?

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

I'm sure I'm not.

It's Thursday today, right?

And Tobermory is a Womble, so you're all out of scope.

Reply to
Mark Wallace

Aah, one of the joys of working with amateur trolls is that they have to constantly affirm that they think they have been trolling.

Tip: Posting stupid replies isn't trolling. It's boring. Get with the program. To troll effectively, you have to a) know what you're talking about, and, b) not say the obvious.

A couple of youse is pretty good, though, so I might crosspost to alt.sparkies again.

Reply to
Mark Wallace

"Mark Wallace" wrote in news:46730a14$0$25473$ snipped-for-privacy@news.kpnplanet.nl:

I don't think very nice it to make fun of Russian student engineers. Nationality has no difference to do math ability.

In space Russian computer entertain YOU.

No wait. Eu disse aquele errado.

Reply to
Vlad

No, the one born in Connecticut, educated in Connecticut, and

*pretending* he's a Texan.

Guantanamo Bay awaits you, Tholen bin Laden.

Jones? "Casey" is from Casey Stengel, a fine electrical engineer who perfected the cathode-ray tube.

He had nothing to do with classical music.

-- Chris McG. Harming humanity since 1951. "Uh-oh. Looners." -- Darla

Reply to
Chris McGonnell

Yikes, another poor guy the a.e.u nerds are going to jump all over. I can't bear to look.

Reply to
Doctroid

You mean "got a diploma in Connecticut".

Reply to
Doctroid

Trolls are fairy tale creatures. Wrong figure of speech.

No, to troll effectively, one has to have a goal and meet it.

You don't know nearly as much about trolling as you apparently believe you do.

I haven't been following this whole thread, but I"ve seen your name in it a lot, and I'm guessing that your self-congratulatory attitude and your blind assumption that you know what their goal has been is one of the things that's made you such a fun little fishie for them.

BW

Reply to
barbara

My resume says I was educated at WPI and took graduate courses there. All of this is true. I *never* claim that I earned a degree there.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew L. Martin

Really? What years?

If you didn't, who did?

Reply to
Doctroid

[stalking the wild Bill]

Ok, thanks. I'll still keep an eye peeled, although I'm usually more of an exiguous giggler.

Reply to
CDB

Undergrad '69-'71

Grad courses '76

Claim? Many thousands, but not me. Earn a degree? Many thousands fewer, I fear.

Many people assume that I did get a BS. I correct them if they mention it.

I stopped taking graduate courses when I realized that I couldn't afford the cut in pay that a Masters degree would bring.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew L. Martin

Oh and theres Tony Deluca, the designer of the underwater cathode-ray tube.

Reply to
77ogrA

Undergrad, '73-'77. Huh.

Got a degree. Whether I earned it or not is for others to decide.

Reply to
Doctroid