Colors of Lego set #3739 Blacksmith

Hello Lego-Fans, I just got a used Lego set, #3739. Unfortunately a few bricks are missing or have the wrong gray color. When I check web sites to buy those pieces I get confused with the gray colors. One web site calls the colors Old Gray and Old Dark Gray but when I try to check out pieces at online stores, the names of the colors change to light gray and dark gray. Are those identical and they just got renamed? Or are those colors slightly different and I'm out of luck beause nobody sells bricks with those old gray colors anymore? I love this set and I would like to have it complete, so I really appreciate any help. Thanks, Dete

Reply to
lichtsinn

Lego introduced a new series of colors several years ago. The new gray color has a bluish tint. The other color that was changed is brown. The new brown has a reddish tint.

To distinguish between them, sites like Peeron.com prefix the older colors with "old." Peeron has a color chart at

which list the Peeron names, BrickLink names, and the official Lego names. For example:

Peeron BrickLink Lego

old gray light gray grey old dark gray dark gray dark grey

md stone light bluish gray medium stone grey dk stone dark bluish gray dark stone grey lt stone very light bluish gray light stone grey

Note: the web site uses both gray and grey.

A chart of the official Lego colors is here:

Hopefully, a BrickLink store will identify which version of gray bricks they are selling. You can always send an email to the store owner and ask which if it is the old or new gray.

Searching BrickLink for "old grey" yielded 137 hits. Searching for "old dark gray" yielded 347 hits.

Reply to
Ken Rice