Two LEGO questions

Hi, group.
I have a couple of LEGO questions.
First, has anybody ordered from the LEGO Shop at Home catalog? If so, what
was your experience like?
Second, a couple of months ago, I bought a train set, #4561, at a
consignment shop here in town. (From what I gather, the set was marketed
sometime in the 1990s.) While the loco runs, I've since discovered that a
number of pieces are missing. For example, one of the two railcars is
incomplete, and certain vehicles and other pieces are missing entirely.
(However, I do have all the instructions.)
I once queried this group on a previous LEGO acquisition, a bin of bricks,
and I was directed to a website that provided the original quantities. If
someone could redirect me to that site again for the sake of this train, I'd
appreciate it.
You may email me directly, as the address shown is valid.
Thanks,
Dieter Zakas
snipped-for-privacy@ftc.gov (spambot message)
Reply to
Dieter Zakas
in article claa0s$opp$ snipped-for-privacy@helium.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk, Mr. M.J. Lush at snipped-for-privacy@hgmp.mrc.ac.uk wrote on 10/22/04 2:40:
While I was pleased to receive a reply to my post as quickly as I did, Mr. Lush missed the point of my post entirely, as I asked two discreet and separate questions.
The first had to do with buying things through the Shop at Home catalog. How were others' experiences?
Second, the train set, #4561. I was looking for a list of the bricks so I could figure out exactly what is missing. This set is largely complete, except for certain missing pieces. I bought this set secondhand (used) through a local consignment shop, and that's how it came to me. I figured I might be able to buy the replacements through eBay, BrickBay, or whomever, to fill out the set.
Dieter Zakas
Reply to
Dieter Zakas
Decent. Never a problem. Faster or on time shipping than estimate.
for an inventory of set.
for parts from individuals.
other helpful---
newsgroups specifically for lego.
instruction scans and image hosting.
Thats the "big 4". Links on those sites will direct you further.
Reply to
Govi, Toa of Truth and Justice
Yes, many times. The experience has always been good. The sets were always shipped without delay and arrived in good condition. I've always ordered by phone and paid with a credit card.
Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Findley
Since the original poster bought this set used, I personally wouldn't call LEGO customer service about the missing pieces. For a new set, doing this is perfectly acceptable, but used sets are usually sold "as is".
These sorts of sets I buy assuming that many pieces are missing (i.e. I buy them for the parts that are still in the box, not the set). Sometimes you get lucky and get a complete set this way. I picked up a model team speed boat set this way for something like 75% off retail price. I got lucky and it was complete. In other cases, I've not been so lucky.
Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Findley
I have ordwered from Lego S&H many times, both by phone and the Internet. I have never had any problems.
The inventory for set 4561 is at:

Regarding your email address, the spambots will pick it up from the header information. Most posters add something extra to confuse the spambots.
Reply to
Ken Rice
I have no experence with LEGO shop at home, which is may be why not answer that question.
Why not go to LEGO and say "I need these bricks, I will pay you for them"
If anyone has the parts its going to be LEGO.
Reply to
Mr. M.J. Lush
I purchase frequently fron Shop at Home and they are an excellent source of Lego sets and some parts.
Check the stores at Bricklink for the parts you need to complete the set.
Bob Fay

Bob Fay
I ordered the robotics invention kit 2.0 over the phone last week. CS is very friendly and item was shipped the very next morning. Arrived on time and in perfect shape. Oh, and free shipping too, woohoo!
Reply to
simgish
see lugnet.com, it will link you to parts and instructions and places to buy missing pices. Should help you complete your set.
Reply to
Styx_Ray
in article 5%Wfd.317618$MQ5.45754@attbi_s52, Styx_Ray at snipped-for-privacy@rnoemail.com wrote on 10/27/04 20:24:
I want to extend my thanks to all who took the time to answer my questions. Thanks!
Second, to clarify one person's comment...
Yes, I have what appears to be all the instructions for this set...just not all the pieces, lol. However, Lego doesn't include a master list of pieces, which is a shame. One of my other hobbies is model railroading, and the better kits have detailed sheets with exploded isometric drawings of the item's parts (this is true of locomotives and cars) with their part numbers. Useful if one needs to buy replacement parts.
Again, thanks to all.
Dieter Zakas
Reply to
Dieter Zakas