Lego train set 116 question..

I have recently acquired this set off ebay;
I have a question about the box...
The inner tray is of expanded polystyrene and designed to hold the
train
built rather than in parts. The set number is on a strip of card glued
the tray so it and all the train wagons would be visible if the box
had no lid but a clear plastic cover instead. Is that how the set was
as new ?
I ask because I think I may be missing a box lid, then again I may
not.
Lego-UK
Reply to
Mike Pratt