Duplo train modifications?

We have one of the recent powered Duplo trains for my son. It may be

> nice to modify this train to make it a little more interesting (and > extend the useful life). Some ideas: > -Fix limited time (it stops after about two minutes) > -Remote control (is that even possible?) > -Remote sound (again, is that even possible?) > > Has anyone taken this train apart? I took out the three screws, but > the yellow cover is still very attached to the black base and I did > not want to force it. I assume they are permanently snapped > together...

I have not found anyone with information on the yellow Duplo trians.

I have not seen anyone sell these trains on bricklink.

And now Lego.com actually appears to be minimizing the Duplo kits available. Has anyone else noticed this? They only offer 3 recent Thomas kits, the Duplo castle and Fire/Police kits are gone. The deluxe train kit is gone. Maybe it is US only?

Am I the only one with a kid that likes these Duplo trains? Crazy.

Reply to
EdGatzke

We've got a lot of Duplo train stuff. Our kids have not played with them in a year or two, so I'm sure we'll eventually get around to passing them down to my nephew, who loves Baby Duplo.

This newsgroup is mostly dead (due to websites like Lugnet), but I still hang around. ;-)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Findley