Lost Hogwarts castle instructions

Over the last year I've collected pretty much every set of the Hogwarts Castle stuff, and assembled them. I put the castles from the first movie sets up on little shelves in my rec room, and come Thanksgiving, my nephews eschewed all other toys to ask if they could play with the castles.

Oh, why not?

Well, after watching them decimate the castles and cleaning up afterwards, I realized that I didn't keep all of the instructions for them! Gulp!

Now, I've tried Googling this group, and there's clearly a problem with people reprinting/copying instructions, so I won't ask for that. However, in my search, I did not come up with a thread mentioning any legal alternatives.

Does Lego offer reprints themselves, even for a fee? I'd be willing to pay for a legal reprint of the instructions, but I don't want to buy a whole new set of bricks to get them. :)

Any advice? If no one has any better ideas, I guess I can grab one of those flyers that show the various castles gathered together, and try to re-create them without the step-by-step drawings.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Kuhn

Phone LEGO Shop at Home and buy a copy from them

Go to

you'll find it scanned at:
and look under "H" for Hogwart's Castle or
and go to 4709

Try BrickLink at

there are currently 12 available for sale from $0.75 at

HTH :-)

J.

Reply to
Jon D Hayward

Phone LEGO Shop at Home and buy a copy from them

Go to

you'll find it scanned at:
and look under "H" for Hogwart's Castle or
and go to 4709

Try BrickLink at

there are currently 12 available for sale from $0.75 at

HTH :-)

J.

Reply to
Jon D Hayward

I once acquired a set where the instructions were missing; I called LEGO's consumer help line, and they sent me one. The phone number should be in the catalog, or the S@H people could tell you.

CF

Reply to
Chris French

Dennis,

Another option is to check out Bricklink

Many store owners parse sets and are left with many instruction sheets that they sell.

Good luck!

Reply to
HabsFan

i am guessing that you determined he was from WI by looking at the message ID... what told you specifically? just curious.

Reply to
Frmthgrav

The name of his isp was part of his email address (in the message headers). I sent my browser to the isp to figure out where they were.

The headers from your message tell me you have an AOL email address, not very helpful in finding your location. The path doesn't help either as it also shows you posted on an AOL server (and that I read it on a supernews server):

Subject: Re: Lost Hogwarts castle instructions Message-ID: Xref: sn-us rec.toys.lego:180722

Other methods could have been used, such as a whois lookup on the domain name: lego.com

Registrant: Lego (LEGO3-DOM) Aastvej 1 Billund, Denmark 7190 DENMARK

Domain Name: LEGO.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact: LEGO (IQRSYXFIUO) snipped-for-privacy@LEGO.COM LEGO Hostmaster LEGO System A/S Aastvej 1 Billund, DK 6000 DNK

999 999 9999 fax: 999 999 9999

Record expires on 21-Aug-2004. Record created on 19-Sep-2002. Database last updated on 1-Aug-2003 19:41:10 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

AIX1.INET.TELE.DK 193.162.146.9 NS2.TELE.DK 194.239.134.82

Reply to
Kay Archer

Wow!!

Thanks ever so much, everyone for your replies! Now I can set up the entire castle set without fear of being unable to re-assemble it over the months between Thanksgivings (we host every year).

Definitely need to hang out here a bit. After browsing the recommended websites, I'm sure I'll be asking even more stuff. Like why I seemed to need to remove so many bricks from the interior of the Hogwarts Express in order for the electrics to work properly. :)

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Kuhn

Dennis,

Now I really feel bad...You're now going to have to do like the rest of us: sneak in Legos at night, buy them with a new credit card, etc.

Play well,

HabsFan

Reply to
HabsFan

Forgot to reply to this earlier...

Yep, I'm in La Crosse, Wisconsin, a few blocks from the mighty Mississippi River. I do appreciate the extra effort in getting me the number. :)

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Kuhn

Never mind that, are you getting your Hogwarts instructions?

Reply to
Kay Archer

Just a follow-up on my own thread...

Over the long weekend I finally got the demolished castles re-constructed and the Hogwarts Express (electric upgrade) trainset now runs around all of the castle sets. The table won't be big enough when the third series comes out to support the next movie, I fear. :)

One missing piece that's breaking my heart: Mrs. Weasley's (?) skirt. A quick perusal of the opening pages of my instructions doesn't turn her up anywhere... Does she go with Hogwarts Express maybe (waiting at the station, waving good-bye, etc.)? I fear the cat got a hold of her, as her upper torso was in a part of the house not normally inhabited by LEGO bricks. Anyway, I stole the grey legs from one of my many Harrys, so she's a more modern-looking woman, but without much color coordination sense.

Anyway, thanks again for all your help, folks!

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Kuhn