'65 Ford pickup

Okay, Time to re-live the past.....
Anyone remember if the doors & ignition on the '65 Ford Pickups were
keyed the same or not? Ignition was in dash & I think the code series
was FA XXX and FB XXX but for the life of me I can't remember if the
locks were keyed the same or different. That was only 40 years ago so
we'll see who's been at it the longest. :oÞ Thanks.
Leon Rowell
Reply to
Leon Rowell
FA was ign.. FB was secondary..
look at the shape of the keyhole.. IF the offset is same, its one key, pull the right door lock and look for the code.. methinks its on the lock.. ASSUMING no one has changed the doors.. me also thinks its same key.. cars tho I believe were different..
IF it has a GLOVE lock, thats the round head key..
--Shiva--
Reply to
me
Thanks Shiva. Trouble is I'm in Iowa and the truck is in Georgia. My brothers step son e-mailed me about it. I'll go ahead and tell him to pull the right door lock and check it. If it doesn't have a number he can still take it to a LS and have a key made for it.
Leon
snipped-for-privacy@notanywhere.net wrote:
> [...]
Reply to
Leon Rowell
Thanks Goma.
Leon
goma865 wrote:
> FA should use keyway 1167FD (H51)for '65 and up. > FB should use keyway S1167FD (H50)for '65 and up. > > goma. >
Reply to
Leon Rowell
hell, I learned to drive in one of those. sure don't remember the key configuration :-)
Reply to
Key
You're as bad as I am..... :^)
Leon
'Key wrote:
> >>Okay, Time to re-live the past..... >> >>Anyone remember if the doors & ignition on the '65 Ford >>Pickups were keyed the same or not? Ignition was in dash & >>I think the code series was FA XXX and FB XXX but for the >>life of me I can't remember if the locks were keyed the >>same or different. That was only 40 years ago so we'll see >>who's been at it the longest. :oÞ Thanks. >> >>Leon Rowell >> > > > hell, I learned to drive in one of those. > sure don't remember the key configuration :-)
Reply to
Leon Rowell
well, I wasn't a locksmith then :-) that's my excuse and I am stickin with it :-)
g'day to you & yours Leon
Reply to
Key
65 ford doors and ignition were the same. What I am not sure of is if the pick-up was still single sided or if they changed to double sided. As an example Mustangs used single sided kyey until the 67 model year, but the T-Bird switched in 65. Also the Bronco kept the single sided keys untill the early 70's IIRC. Heavy trucks kept the single sided keys even longer.
On these the first thing to check for is an exposed clip on the door, codes were common. If you have to pull the panel, sometimes a trick that works real good is Silly Putty. By squeezing it in to the side of the lock often you can avoid fighting with a nasty rusted clip and also have no worry about disintergrating gaskets.
Impressioning may also be a good chioce, attack the passenger door. If it is a single sided lock be gentle as split plugs were common.
Reply to
Roger Shoaf
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Shoaf" snipped-for-privacy@nospamsyix.com Newsgroups: alt.locksmithing Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 1:04 PM Subject: Re: '65 Ford pickup
Lots deleted
Silly Putty????? Could you expalin that in some more detail please?
Thanks
Reply to
Keyman55
Thanks Roger, good idea.
Leon
Roger Shoaf wrote: > 65 ford doors and ignition were the same. What I am not sure of is if the > pick-up was still single sided or if they changed to double sided. As an > example Mustangs used single sided kyey until the 67 model year, but the > T-Bird switched in 65. Also the Bronco kept the single sided keys untill > the early 70's IIRC. Heavy trucks kept the single sided keys even longer. > > On these the first thing to check for is an exposed clip on the door, codes > were common. If you have to pull the panel, sometimes a trick that works > real good is Silly Putty. By squeezing it in to the side of the lock often > you can avoid fighting with a nasty rusted clip and also have no worry about > disintergrating gaskets. > > Impressioning may also be a good chioce, attack the passenger door. If it > is a single sided lock be gentle as split plugs were common. >
Reply to
Leon Rowell

Site Timeline