Cleaning unknown object from a Schlage door lock

Someone recently jammed something in our door handles key hole, so now we
can't get the key all the way in. I have taken apart a Schlage deadbolt
before, but this handle has got me stumped. It's a standard locking outside
door knob purchased about two years ago, so fairly recent.
How do you get to the back of the lock on these things?
Thanks,
Clint
Reply to
DIVO
IF its a A or D grade, the key MUST be inserted and TURNED, to get the handle off.. if you are not a locksmith, call for help...
if you are, you got the tools you need...hook pick and/or a WAY cut down key... from the bottom.
--Shiva--
Reply to
--Shiva--
That would explain it. Since I can't get the key all the way in, I guess I'll be taking it in to a locksmith.
Thanks again, Clint
Reply to
DIVO
The residential grade door knob comes apart by rotating the key 1/4 turn either direction, and depress the retainer.
You might be able to file or grind a bunch of the tip of the key, so that it passes over the foreign object.
Reply to
Stormin Mormonn

Site Timeline