Cleaning unknown object from a Schlage door lock

Someone recently jammed something in our door handles key hole, so now we can't get the key all the way in. I have taken apart a Schlage deadbolt before, but this handle has got me stumped. It's a standard locking outside door knob purchased about two years ago, so fairly recent.

How do you get to the back of the lock on these things?

Thanks, Clint

Reply to
DIVO

IF its a A or D grade, the key MUST be inserted and TURNED, to get the handle off.. if you are not a locksmith, call for help...

if you are, you got the tools you need...hook pick and/or a WAY cut down key... from the bottom.

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

That would explain it. Since I can't get the key all the way in, I guess I'll be taking it in to a locksmith.

Thanks aga>

Reply to
DIVO

IF its a HOUSE GRADE... doenst necessary require the key to turn to get the handle off...

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

The residential grade door knob comes apart by rotating the key 1/4 turn either direction, and depress the retainer.

You might be able to file or grind a bunch of the tip of the key, so that it passes over the foreign object.

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn