Didn't want a door knob anyway!

I had a lockout call yesterday. Folks in a huge, new house. I mean, musta been a couple thousand dollar home. So new, they were still doing construction and grading farther down the street.

Well, some one had taken out the locking door knob and had put a double cylinder deadbolt in place of the knob. She can't open the door from the inside cause there is nothing to grab hold. And she had left her key inside the house.

She still had the car keys, the car, and a baby in a stroller.

Lets hope they don't have a fire and kill everyone. Wish folks would learn. Thanks to our friend from Down Under -- for posting the article about the folks there who died in a fire.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

As opposed to the ones that cost what...a couple hundred dollars.

So new,

If she's locked out how could she open the door from the inside anyway?? If she's locked in then she could open it with the key and pull it open. At least you are now making no sense at all as only one poster.

I would hope she still had the car and it's keys and a baby if she had those things when whe went out.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

I am sorry, my mind goes TILT on that...

has to be another door they came out of...

plus a visit from a building inspector or the fire marshall should stop that nonsense pretty quick.

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Mighta been the husband that locked up. Or maybe a locking knob on the side door.

I'm tempted to call the fire marshall.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon