Identify these keys!

The third one from the left is a Model T switch key with the tang broken off. The square hole in the end is to open and close a prestolite tank. The forth one is a bottle opener key, and the fifth one is a Model T key with the tang intact.
Leon Rowell
Storm>

Leon Rowell
Someone named Leon Rowell snipped-for-privacy@netins.net Proclaimed on Sat, 02 Oct 2004 20:22:31 -0500,
What is a prestolite tank?
-Graham
Remove the 'snails' from my email
Reply to
G. Morgan
Someone named "Bob DeWeese, CML" snipped-for-privacy@forme.com Proclaimed on Sun, 03 Oct 2004 12:38:36 GMT,
Thanks. But what is prestolite, and what was it used for?
-Graham
Remove the 'snails' from my email
Reply to
G. Morgan
There is a small acetylene tank (about 2'high, 8" dia) for an acetylene/air torch. The tank has a square stub valve handle just about 3/16" square. I think that Prest-O-lite ("Press to Light") was the original brand name, but it is now often used generically.
These, and similar torches are widely used in the HVAC, plumbing and jewelery trades.
Reply to
Henry E Schaffer
Acetylene tank to supply fuel to the headlights. Acetylene burns with a bright white or yellowish flame, so it made a fairly good headlight.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
I learned the answer to this awhile back. In acetylene, the "B" tank is larger. The small tank is an "MC" tank.
Now, doesn't it make sense that a smallt ank would be an "A" tank? And that the next larger size would be a "C"?
What do the letters "B" and "MC" stand for? I know.... but does anyone else?
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Site Timeline