Keyless Double Cylinder Deadbolt?

Does one exist??

I have a keyless deadbolt on my 1 garage door entry (no windows) and love it.

My backdoor has a window and Id to install a Double Cylinder deadbolt on it but have saftey concerns.

Does anyone know if they make a keyless Double Cylinder Deadbolt? That way I have a keypad on both sides of the door w/ no knob.

Thanks

-Rob

You can reply to me at r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m (remove the _ to get the address)

Reply to
Rob V

Probably not as a standard low-end package; the liability issues on double-cyl deadbolts are bad enough even for the keyed type. You could easily assemble such a solution out of more serious electronic locking systems, of course.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

Was watching the fire fighters putting out a small fire in the stairwell of a block of flats a few weeks ago. A bit of humour, one of the firemen went out onto the street and the door (aluminium frame, glass panels, mag lock) closed and locked behind him. It took him a few seconds to reach up with the tang of his fire axe between the door and lintel and pop the lock open. No damage. And I always thought those things were secure.

Reply to
Roger_Nickel